Author Topic: Eye & facial twitching  (Read 6331 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Eye & facial twitching
« on: March 30, 2012, 06:24:12 am »
I am 3 weeks post op & started to have under eye twitching and slightly on my cheek and lip. I emailed Dr. Schwartz and he said if I have facial weakness even slightly then call for a round of steroids. I think I will do that today. Its driving me crazy. Ugh.... I am feeling fine otherwise. Any others have this? Did it clear with steroids?

Thanks
Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Dee-dee

Re: Eye & facial twitching
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:29:29 am »
I have the same problem.  Opted against steroids for now.  Did yours clear up?  Thanks
D
2.3 cm AN.   Hearing loss and other symptoms. Gamma knife 2011.

kixit

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 08:53:34 am »
Mindyandy-

I had facial twitching early last week. It was a round the left side of my mouth and after a couple of days ventured up under my left cheek. It went away later in the week. I chalked it up to helaing and everything growing back (nerves) and the swelling going down. I am now 4 weeks post translab with still major balance issues.
left side AN 9mm diagnosed 2/2012
SSD, loud tinnitis left ear
Translab 5/24/12
Baha surgery 8/1/2012 at UVA
Baha hook up 11/09/2012  : ) 

I am a happy camper : )

LizAN

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 01:35:33 pm »
I had it a few weeks ago, and I'm still pre-op.  This is why I opted for surgery instead of radiation.  I want to decrease the pressure on my facial nerve and don't want to take a chance on the tumor swelling within the IAC.

kixit, I'm glad it has subsided for you.  A few weeks ago, I was thinking of asking for steroids, but the twitching has subsided on its own, at least for now.

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz

mk

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 02:09:38 pm »
Hi Mindy,

my understanding is that twitching is very often related to nerve healing/regeneration. I have had a few occasional twitches for the first few months post-op, even though they weren't persistent and didn't last long. Some light massaging helped. Are you experiencing the onset of new facial weakness, or just the twitching?

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 04:44:31 am »
MK
just twitching.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

It is what it is

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 08:55:31 am »
As I read these posts, I am soooo glad those of you who have gone before stay on the list to provide information to those of us newly going through this process. Thank you!!!!!

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

JLR

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 07:20:51 pm »
Hi Mindy, I am 18 months post CK. I had that awful twitching.  Comes out of no where..Had it on my cheek  as well as my lower lip and most of all my right eye ( all on the AN side) it has slowly gone away but it does on occasion come back. I also get this fluttering..almost feel like a butterfly is passing over my face.. this happens a lot on my right facial hairline. That is most annoying as it feels like there is something on my face and of course I just look ridiculous trying to get this imaginary thing off my face...can't make this stuff up! But all in all I'm happy I choose CK..the AN is very slowly shrinking. After all we did have radiation and although it is targeted only to the tumor it is still radiation and all that "stuff" has to go somewhere..Stay well, Joan