Author Topic: KenJen - Lexapro  (Read 2637 times)

KenJen

KenJen - Lexapro
« on: August 10, 2006, 07:33:08 pm »
Thank you for your replies and encouragement.  Ken did see the doc today and got Lexapro. He drove to the doctor (just down the street)which was a step toward freedom.  I know it will be a day by day adventure. It is nice to have someone to talk to. Thank you KenJen
Translab - House 7/17/06
No facial problems but post and pre surgery  chronic dry eye in both eyes

amymeri

Re: KenJen - Lexapro
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 08:17:41 am »
Lexapro seems to be a good drug with some of the fewest side effects and drug-drug interactions. Just remember that it can take some time to kick in!  I am so glad Ken addressed the issue early on!  I hope he is feeling much better soon.

Amy
Amy

4 cm right AN removed restrosigmoid 4/13/06
Partial facial paralysis, SSD and trigeminal numbness for now

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 07:20:15 pm »
KenJen: Just to be sure you are aware, like many anti-depressant of the SSRI family,this drug can cause dizziness and ringing in the ears and it can take 6-8 weeks for the full effect to be felt (my experience is sometimes it can be as long as 4 weeks before the person feels any different or thier family observe any improvement in symproms). Try to remind you husband he is recovering from a major illness and to get rest, things will improve in time. Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

Boppie

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 12:12:07 pm »
Note:  When a person is ready to get off Lexapro, a tapering dosage regime should be followed carefully.  It does work well and takes time to get the dosage right.  I am not a doctor or nurse...just know about this drug.