Author Topic: Ear problems in good ear  (Read 2218 times)

ewchisek

Ear problems in good ear
« on: December 29, 2012, 05:24:38 pm »
For the past couple days or so I have had ear pain and fullness in my good ear, along with my an ear. Is this normal? Should I be concerned about another tumor growing on my right side? I'm freaking out!

LakeErie

Re: Ear problems in good ear
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 05:37:29 pm »
I doubt your diagnosis MRI missed a 2nd tumor. MRI brain scans include both IAC's.
4.7 cm x 3.6 cm x 3.2 cm vestibular schwannoma
Simplified retrosigmoid @ Cleveland Clinic 10/06/2011
Rt SSD, numbness, vocal cord and swallowing problems
Vocal cord and swallowing normalized at 16 months. Numbness persists.
Regrowth 09/19/2016
GK 10/12/2016 Cleveland Clinic
facial weakness Jan 2017

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 12:43:09 pm »
It's probably just stress or your mind playing tricks on you.

As Lake Erie said, your MRI would have included pictures of both your IACs.

Hang in there!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ewchisek

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 06:50:15 pm »
Thanks! I am really praying that it is nothing. This has all just been a traumatic experience and I haven't even had surgery yet! Thank you for your input! Happy New Year!

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 06:15:39 pm »
Yeah, if you look on previous posts on here, you'll see a whole bunch of people who come on here thinking they have an AN based on their symptoms (before having any official diagnosis) only to find out they don't and you never hear from them again. There's just so many things that can mimmick AN symptoms and not be AN. Especially now is when you might become hyper-sensitive to anything that's going on in your head it's going to feel like your head is falling apart.  So rest easy for now and just deal with the AN that they say you got.  In the meantime, please keep venting here...that's what we are here for! Take care! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

ewchisek

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 07:31:19 pm »
Thank you! This discussion board is really the only thing keeping me sane. My husband won't talk to me about it..I had him read a post from the caregiver section that I thought would put things into perspective for him, but it didn't. We have four small boys and they are my main concern..we haven't told them anything yet. My friends try to be supportive, but I kind of think they are just happy this isn't them! I know that sounds bad, but it's how I feel. Anyway, surgery is February 11 and it can't come soon enough!