Author Topic: T-Boz  (Read 2708 times)

LakeErie

T-Boz
« on: January 01, 2013, 05:07:14 pm »
Has her own television show starting tonight. Wikipedia:

In October 2009, Watkins revealed on CBS' The Early Show[13] and in People magazine[14] that she had secretly battled a potentially fatal brain tumor for three years. In March 2006, she was diagnosed as having a strawberry-size acoustic neuroma on her vestibular nerve, which affected her balance, hearing, sight, and facial movement. Many physicians refused to remove the tumor due to her sickle-cell-related complications, leaving her alternatives grim; ultimately she underwent surgery at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles.[15]

Keith Black MD wrote about her case in his book Brain Surgeon. Again from Wiki:

Tionne Tenese Watkins (born April 26, 1970),[1] better known by her stage name T-Boz, is a singer-songwriter, dancer, actress, author, and executive producer who rose to fame as one-third of the R&B/hip-hop girl group TLC.

The program, a new series, is on TLC at 8 pm and premiers tonight. I know nothing further about it other than Tionne is attempting a solo career in LA. The book explained the potential problems for her singing voice from the surgery. One of the House physicians assisted in her tumor removal.
Of course, I have no idea if the program will even mention her AN or surgery, but the extent of her recovery will be apparent and of interest to me. Just an FYI, not a recommendation in any way.
4.7 cm x 3.6 cm x 3.2 cm vestibular schwannoma
Simplified retrosigmoid @ Cleveland Clinic 10/06/2011
Rt SSD, numbness, vocal cord and swallowing problems
Vocal cord and swallowing normalized at 16 months. Numbness persists.
Regrowth 09/19/2016
GK 10/12/2016 Cleveland Clinic
facial weakness Jan 2017

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: T-Boz
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 06:07:33 pm »
Yes...I think if you do a search on the forum here, there's a few posts that talks about her and her AN.  I guess it was a pretty sizeable one.  These things have no discriminating qualties, they'll wiggle themselves inside anyone heads, won't they? :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston