Author Topic: ETD Eustachion Tube Dysfunction  (Read 2658 times)

nftwoed

ETD Eustachion Tube Dysfunction
« on: June 19, 2013, 09:40:31 am »
Hi;

Anyone here have profuse sinus drainage which ends up with a glob of pleghm hanging in the throat?
   If a person can't take a decongestant because they are hypertensive, what's the best way to thin out the gunk, Mucinex/salt water gargle/antihistamine/steroid or saline nasal spray??
   Thanks, if anyone comments!
   I hope your day is well, all considered!

phantagrae

Re: ETD Eustachion Tube Dysfunction
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 12:03:58 pm »
One way to thin your secretions is to make sure you drink plenty of water.  It may not stop the production of mucous, but it should help it be less goopy.

Otherwise, I would say Mucinex and/or Sudafed (or the storebrand equivalents of each) can be pretty effective in keeping the snot at bay, if you can take such medications. ;)

Numbness on right side of face beginning some time in 2012 through early 2013
MRI 4/15/13
20mm x 19mm x 16mm intra and extra canalicular AN on Right Side.  ("Largely extracanalicular")
FSR treatment beginning on July 22, 2013--going for 30 treatments

prisca

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 02:54:07 pm »
waterpik makes a sinus water-pulser that I use to irrigate my nasal passages.  You might want to check it out.

phantagrae

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 09:31:41 pm »
waterpik makes a sinus water-pulser that I use to irrigate my nasal passages.  You might want to check it out.

Yeah, I had that done at my doctor's office years ago.  It's slightly gross, but works well.

My sister also swears by the Neti Pot (you can buy one at many local pharmacies), which is essentially the same thing.  She generally refers to it as a "snot pot". :D
Numbness on right side of face beginning some time in 2012 through early 2013
MRI 4/15/13
20mm x 19mm x 16mm intra and extra canalicular AN on Right Side.  ("Largely extracanalicular")
FSR treatment beginning on July 22, 2013--going for 30 treatments