Author Topic: Head pressure post CK  (Read 3399 times)

Anne S B

Head pressure post CK
« on: December 20, 2013, 09:09:39 am »
I am now 4 months post CK, and if anything my symptoms seem to be getting worse.  Not only do I have sporadic pulsatile tinnitus, but the pressure in my head is enormous.  Also I have started to get a raspy voice off and on.  Is this related?  I am going back at 6 months for an MRI, but until then I worry that the tumor might be getting bigger.  Oh, and I also lost most of my eyebrow on the AN side.  Anyone else?  I need to hear success stories.

cindyjarrett

Re: Head pressure post CK
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 02:36:53 pm »
I had gamma in October, 2012.  I, too, have the head pressure.  Seems like I have it when a weather pattern is really changing.  The worst symptoms I encountered happened around the 3 1/2 to 4 month mark.  Now the pressure comes and goes.  I just went for an MRI last week and my tumor has shrank by 3 mm.  Try not to worry.  You should probably call your doctor and talk with them.  Good luck.
Diagnosed 8/9/12 with an on left side
19 mm x 17 mm x 13 mm
tinnitus with high pitch hearing loss
Will have gammaknife at UVA with Dr. Sheehan on 10/12/12
Trusting in God

PaulW

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 12:59:46 pm »
I believe a small percentage of people that get radiosurgery or radiotherapy can get hydrocephelus or water on the brain. A symptom is severe headaches. I would definitely get this looked in to.
10x5x5mm AN
Sudden Partial hearing loss 5/28/10
Diagnosed 7/4/10
CK 7/27/10
2/21/11 Swelling 13x6x7mm
10/16/11 Hearing returned, balance improved. Feel totally back to normal most days
3/1/12 Sudden Hearing loss, steroids, hearing back.
9/16/13 Life is just like before my AN. ALL Good!

Nannybee

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 04:58:09 pm »
One thing to consider is that muscle tension may be contributing to your headache symptoms. I had a period of daily headaches starting about 2 months after my treatment. If you have dizziness, you may be tensing your neck muscles unconsciously to maintain your posture or avoiding moving your head normally in an effort to avoid the dizziness. Massage and stretching turned out to be the best relief I had.
AN 18x19 mm
3 meningiomas
NF2
AN treated with SRS April 2013
MRI Feb 2016 AN shrunk to 17 x 8 mm :)
Constant tinnitus in AN ear
Severe hearing loss AN ear

LittleKyle19

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 04:28:48 pm »
One thing to consider is that muscle tension may be contributing to your headache symptoms. I had a period of daily headaches starting about 2 months after my treatment. If you have dizziness, you may be tensing your neck muscles unconsciously to maintain your posture or avoiding moving your head normally in an effort to avoid the dizziness. Massage and stretching turned out to be the best relief I had.

I found this to be true with the tightening of neck muscles.  I was having bad headaches but learned to relax and had some massages and it seemed to relieve them.  Give it a try. 

robinb

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 11:49:32 am »
I consider my experience to be a success story despite a few GK side effects; so read my thread. Ive tried to keep my posts up to date as things have happened since I was diagnosed. Cant believe almost 1 year since GK!

Cindy- great news on your MRI!
AN Diagnosed 11-2012 right side
13mm x 7.2 mm
Gamma Knife 1/24/13
UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford
Officially a postie toastie!
See my treatment journal at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18291.0

Anne S B

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 03:21:45 pm »
It's weird but my head pressure is not related to headaches.  It just feels like I have  full sinuses.  I did actually have a cold, but I am over that.  Now I am feeling as if the left side of my head (where my AN is located) is loggy.  Does this make sense?  I also have  off and on pulsatile tinnitus that makes me more aware of my over all tinnitus.  And don't get me started on my balance.  I walk like a drunk!  But I am not complaining, and if my next MRI (first after treatment) is encouraging, I will feel it is all worth it.