Author Topic: Post MRI  (Read 3198 times)

MMusella

Post MRI
« on: June 07, 2015, 08:35:10 pm »
I had my 6 month check up and my MRI scan, every thing looks great the nuerosurgeon said..and I feel great!!! I couldn't ask for anything more than my great outcome..the only thing I notice now is in large group settings, hearing conversation so in August I go and talk with my Otolaryngologist  (who also did my surgery ) about the Baha implant...it is something I have done research on and I am ready for it!! Plus I did talk to my nuerosurgeon about it he said it was excellent and great for acoustic patients!!!  I do go back in 6months again for another MRI, (which I feel like a pro at)..plus with the hearing implant I figured I would get it done this year as well ,since I already meet my insurance deductible. ..lol...I figured I will have it all done this year!!!  I can say that from day of surgery till 8 weeks after, I feel better than I have felt in years, my energy level is back, no headaches, and I have not had any complications post op.. I hope all have the same outcome! !! One thing is for sure,you view life differently..
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:51:23 pm by MMusella »
40 years old, was diagnosed with a 3.5cm.(right side)AN in Nov, 2014 and having surgery on January 13th 2015, live in upstate NY..had a 13 hour surgery. .100%tumor removal. I did 8 weeks of vestibular rehabilitation and went back to my life and career,  with no side effects :)... life is great!!!

ANGuy

Re: Post MRI
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 08:38:20 pm »
Great!
Diagnosed June 2014 1cm AN at 47 years of age.  Had fluctuating symptoms since 2006.    6 mos MRI (Dec 2014) showed no growth, MRI  in July 2015 showed no growth.  MRI Jan 2016 showed no growth.  MRI Aug 2016 showed no growth.  I'm gonna ride the WW train as long as I can.

lark114

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 08:32:14 pm »
What kind of surgery did you have?  Did you have balance issues before surgery and if so, how is it now?

Linda

MMusella

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 07:50:12 am »
@Linda I did send you a response. .I did have balance issues before and right after,but I went 8 weeks to vestibular rehabilitation 3x a week. .I have nothing now..I am 100% back to my self..and have no issues. .in fact I have more energy now than I have had in the past few years!!! I am a firm believer that all your nerves need to remember how to work and I had to remind them of that!!! Hope all goes well!!!
40 years old, was diagnosed with a 3.5cm.(right side)AN in Nov, 2014 and having surgery on January 13th 2015, live in upstate NY..had a 13 hour surgery. .100%tumor removal. I did 8 weeks of vestibular rehabilitation and went back to my life and career,  with no side effects :)... life is great!!!

bethtretrault

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 02:59:00 pm »
That is excellent news! I will be having retrosigmoid probably early November. Looking forward to feeling and functioning better! :)
beth
12/2013 5mmx4mmx4mm left
tinnitus, w&w
5/2015 7mm-louder tinnitus, occasional dizziness
retro sigmoid 11/2015

MMusella

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 07:29:30 pm »
@Beth ,you will feel better after the surgery. .my energy level is back. .(I had the translab )I will follow up with my nuerosurgeon every 6 months for about 5 years and every year after for the rest of my life. .and I do go in August for my BAHA implant. .but other than that. .I have no issues. .hope all goes great!!!!