Author Topic: Those attending July's Symposium  (Read 25887 times)

Cheryl R

Re: Those attending July's Symposium
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2007, 07:38:15 am »
I googled Liberty Bell and found it says that you don't need the tickets for the bell but do for Independence Hall.      I need to look it up in my Philly travel guide  again as am confused about what I read there.      I will get it figured out by the time I need it.
A co worker who has been there mentioned the cobblestone streets in some areas which ought to be real fun for us balance impaired tourists.       
                                                          Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Static

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2007, 07:00:45 pm »
Oh geez, I guess I'll just see all you at the symposium.  I grew up in Philly and all this talk of sight seeing is making me sick LOL!  The cobblestone streets aren't that wobbly and the Liberty Belll is just a big bell with a crack down the middle of it, I've driven by it a gazillion times and also walked through Independence Mall plenty as well!  I guess if you've never been there tho, it is something to see.  As far as the steak sandwiches go, it's very simple.*   Hoagies are better tho, as are real Philly soft pretzels (not the ones from a street vendor) with an ice cold water ice from Pops in South Philly.  I hope everyone enjoys the city, I personally try to stay away from it and am only going there to meet folks from the forum and to try and learn a few things that have been buggin me!  See you all in July!   ;)
~Karen

*If you need to know how to order the steak sandwiches, just ask and I'll give you the details so you don't get sent to the "back of the line"!   
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 07:49:04 pm by Static »
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2007, 04:19:47 pm »
The only thing funnier than us on cobblestone streets is us dancing in high heels!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2007, 07:09:34 pm »
HIGH HEELS?  OH MY....actually was trying to decide if I could get away with tennis shoes and semi formal wear..heck it was good enough for heather mills on dancing w/the stars..a little glitter goes a long  way!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:03:54 pm by battyprincess »

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2007, 08:13:33 pm »
Can I wear jeans and a Tee with those tennis shoes to the semi-formal??   ;)

I haven't had to really dress up since before I had kids.  And let me tell you - my shape ain't nearly the same as it was before, and I ain't got nothin' that fits!  LOL!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Static

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2007, 08:51:44 pm »
If we're wearing jeans or any kind of pants/khakis to the semi formal, I'll see you there, otherwise, you can count me out!  Does the hotel have a lounge????? ;D
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

matti

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2007, 10:06:29 am »
I'm not planning to wear a dress to the semi-formal.  I'm thinking a pair of black pants and somewhat of a fancy blouse :-\   

Good idea Michelle!  Anyone have a bedazzler? do they still make those anymore? I do have a pair of black sketcher tennis shoes that look like maryjanes, maybe I will wear those.

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2007, 11:36:08 am »
Can I wear me boots and cutlass?

you-know-who

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2007, 11:38:50 am »
No kidding--I'm planning on glitzing up--yup I do own a dress--and yes, it fits over my caboose--faculty wife and all--its very stretchy.

Capt Deb

TastyKakeman

• 2.0cm removed John Hopkins Dr Henry Brem .
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2007, 02:09:53 pm »
Can you give the dates and times ? 8 months pre-op ,left side droop at the mouth, left side no hearing ,and walk like a drunk.  ::). So I may really fit in with this group ;D I have been on the forum for about 7 months now just reading everyones topics. I hope to hear from someone who can give me some information. I live in Maryland and Philly is about 90 miles from my house. I was once a salesman for TastyKake but the AN was the cause for leaving. I really don't know to much about Philly but we have Map Quest. Nice talking to you. My AN was done at Johns Hopkins by Dr. Henry Brem and Dr. Michael Holliday on Sept 19, 2006.
Bob

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2007, 02:16:24 pm »
All the information can be found here: http://www.anausa.org/symposium.html.  Follow the links there to get detailed registration and session information.  Hope you can join us!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Static

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2007, 09:12:24 pm »
A Salesman for Tastykake and you don't know Philly???  Oh my!  I was wondering when I read another one of your posts that said your treatment was at Johns Hopkins, whether or not you were from Philly.  Tastykakes are about as Philly as cheesesteaks, hoagies and softpretzels!  At least they used to be.  They don't make them as good as they used to and they don't cost 15 cents any more either!  Maybe we'll see you there!
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

TastyKakeman

• 2.0cm removed John Hopkins Dr Henry Brem .
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2007, 09:38:24 am »
Karen, The guys who serve all the food outlets are Owner/Operators. We are under contract to serve a fixed area . My area was in Maryland, Harford County to be exact. I have been to the factory and I have tour the plant. They don't do it any longer because of safety reasons. I was doing it for a long time. I finally had to give it up because of the AN. I could'nt fill the selves that were below my knees without loosing my balance and very dizzy. I miss my job because I liked it so much. The only time I was in Philly was to tour the plant. I stopped at a cheesesteak store and got a sub (hoagie if you are from Philly). I eat it in my car ,what a mistake.Thank you for the web site. I'm only sorry I didn't get this sooner. I will be going on a cruise that week. (Oh boy, balance).
Bob

Cheryl R

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2007, 10:02:20 am »
What are TastyKakes?             I never seen any in the midwest.           
                                 Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

johnsli

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2007, 01:17:01 pm »
Hey Guys,

I would love to go, but, I really can't afford it.  I would absolutely love to meet you all.  You are all an inspiration, and give me hope to face the future.  Maybe we could meet for a snack.  I am supposed to go to Ohio that weekend for baton, but, I think were gonna stay home.  There is always next year for the baton competion.  We will be going to Washington DC on the 4th of July.  My daughter will be performing in the parade.  Also, the first week in August we are going to Knoxville, TN for the Junior Olympics.  So much to do, as long as my "booger" doesn't act up.  Maybe lunch on Sunday.

LOL
Laura