Author Topic: NE ANA Forum Gang Brunch at Maxwell's - Sunday, May 4, 2008  (Read 64099 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: NE ANA Forum Gang (Post Symposium) brunch -- August 5 at Maxwell's?
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2007, 09:16:40 am »
you must have been sniffing the horseradish that Jane and I put in our bloody mary's.. that'll bring tears, trust me! ;)

Theresa,
What a genuine pleasure and honor to have finally met you face to face... as you can see, we are a lively bunch and each of us are doing fantastic in our AN journey... and so thrilled that you are now part of the "Best Coast" AN Gang!

A true pleasure to have met you and see you at the next brunch (we are penciled in for Nov 11)

xo
Phyl

It was a day that that I'll be remembering and  treasuring.  It wasn't the Mimosa that was bringing tears to my eyes!
Phyl, Thank you for the great pictures.
-Theresa
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

tsl

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2007, 09:28:46 am »
:oHi Phyl and everyone!! ;D What another wonderful get-together we had today at Maxwell's brunch!!  Absolutely great meeting Jane's hubby and of course Phyl's sweetie the Cheeky Bloke aka Ian was the guest celeb of the day!!!  Poor bloke I think he was a bit overwhelmed by all the attention!!  We are all just so happy for you, Phyl as you give so much of yourself you so deserve it returned ten-fold!! And of course always so pleased to see and talk w/Sue, Paul, Joe, Ellen, and see how you all are doing.  Jane, thanks for again reassuring me I need not worry about my up-coming FSR at Mass General... and we all got those apple dumplings--Katie I hope the get-away w/family was worth missing those dumplings for!! (ha ha) And we got one last photo with the street car named Desire--oh, no, wrong get-together, I mean the Maxwell's red double decker bus--Phyl said the city of Worc bought it (go figure) so it'll probably be gone at next get-together..   8)

Elaine and Theresa, it was a pleasure to meet you both as well and as you are in the beginning stages of your journeys I hope we all shed some light for you both and alway know we and the ANA forum are always here--lots of people here have lots of knowledge so pick our brain cleans (like I liked my plate today-yum yum!) as often as you need!!    :)

As always, thanks Phyl for arranging our brunch--see ya all again in November!!    Best always, Mary from MA :-*

Mary,
It was wonderful meeting you too.  Katie had told me that I would find it helpful to go to the brunch.  She was so right.  I can't tell you how much it means to have people share their experiences. 

I'll be holding you in my thoughts during your up-coming FSR at Mass General.  From all I've read and heard, you'll be in good hands with Dr. Loeffler.
-Theresa

AN diagnosed Dec 2006
Approx. size 9 x 6  x 4 mm
Proton Beam radiosurgery wtih Dr. Jay Loeffler (radiation oncologist) and Dr. Paul Chapman (neurosurgeon) at Mass. General on Nov.2, 2007

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2007, 01:47:35 pm »
You guys went all the way to flippin' London, England fer dumplins? NO? Where'd the bloody Bus come from, then? The CB's suitcase?   AAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214s Cheeky Bloke

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2007, 03:06:50 pm »
You guys went all the way to flippin' London, England fer dumplins? NO? Where'd the bloody Bus come from, then? The CB's suitcase?   AAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capt Deb 8)

Well they would not let me bring one of the super duper state of the art brand spanking new ones http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/collections/collections/vehicles/buses/gallery/2.shtml  ;D

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2007, 03:15:33 pm »
I'm sorry I missed all the fun!  But I have to admit, it was a lovely weekend in NH with the family.  Much needed.

I've already got Nov 11 on the calendar!  Can't wait!   ;D

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ppearl214s Cheeky Bloke

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2007, 03:23:45 pm »
Wonderful to meet everyone and put names to faces, hope to meet more of you in November.

;D

jcinma

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2007, 05:05:29 pm »
I made a huge mistake of weighing myself when I got home- I broke the scale (heehee) It was well worth it! Amazing  people, awesome bloody marys, delicious dumplings and the best possible cruise director anywhere. So glad to be a part of it,
See you all in November!
Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2007, 04:21:01 am »
aw, shucks...... ::)

*folds hands behind back, looks down at ground and lightly kicks dirt*

Mark your calendars folks... .November 11 at 11am.....

Phyl

I made a huge mistake of weighing myself when I got home- I broke the scale (heehee) It was well worth it! Amazing  people, awesome bloody marys, delicious dumplings and the best possible cruise director anywhere. So glad to be a part of it,
See you all in November!
Jane
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

elliemae

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2007, 08:27:55 am »
Hi, all
Only a week late, but my "thanks" to Phyl for organizing the great time last week!  I wish it were today ... I'm thinking of those dumplings ...!

It was really great to meet all of you and hearing your stories.  What a great resource you all are!  I hope to make some decisions about myself in the next few months, maybe even by our next brunch in Nov.  Mary, I wish you well with your FSR.  I'll be in touch, as I've pretty much decided that radiotherapy is my destination...just which one is the biggie decision!

And great to meet CB/Iain and Andy too!  Don't want to leave out the most important support people!
See you in November!
Elaine

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2007, 06:17:15 am »
Elaine,

It was terrific to see you again! :)  I'm so glad you were able to join us and heck lady... next time, I truly am going to race you out on the MassPike on the ride home! :)

Hoping to see you in November and hope to see you (also) at the local support group meeting.....

Phyl

elliemae

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2007, 07:26:23 am »
Oh, oh, Phyl ... I didn't know we were racing!  I do tend to drive a bit fast!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2007, 12:21:02 pm »
Oh, oh, Phyl ... I didn't know we were racing!  I do tend to drive a bit fast!!

will bring my speed racer uniform for November :D

elliemae

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2007, 10:40:02 am »
Gotcha!!   ;D

ppearl214

• Administrator
NE ANA Forum Gang Pre-holidays brunch -- November 11 at Maxwell's?
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2007, 08:35:08 am »
http://www.maxwellmaxine.com/Maxines/Brunch/brunch.html

Hi all,

it's that time again to plan the next brunch... prior to the holidays and that gawd-awful 4-letter word... yes... snow  :P

I have the private room on hold (Bill assured me of it when I spoke to him) and since we are just approx (over) 1 month away, time to start planning. 

So, Sunday, November 11... who's game?

Attendees:

Phyl and Iain (yep, the bloke said he's looking forward to the next brunch).

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2007, 10:18:33 am »
**raising hand and waving it around vigorously**

I'll have to get there early to make up for my lost apple dumplings from last time!!!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)