Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2015 times)

rockymtngirl

« on: August 24, 2005, 08:33:57 am »
Hello, everyone!!! Just found this site this morning. I had met with the reps from Cochlear yesterday in my Doctors office. She asked if I was involved with the ANA at all. I told her I had been to the website, but wasn't aware of any groups in Colorado. I decided to check out the website again today and saw this message board. What a fantastic resource.

Just a bit about myself. I'm 47 and had a Acoustic Neuroma removed on my right side in Sept. of 2003. Surgery of course left me deaf in the right ear, but also had some facial paralysis too.

I recieved my BAHA implant in Feb. of 2005 and got the compact processor May of 2005. I'm am now upgrading to the Devino (new digital processor) I can't wait to get mine after trying it in the office yesterday. I noticed a big difference right away. The best way I can describe the difference is that I just heard more, and better sound quality. I'll keep you posted to other improvements that I notice when I get it and start wearing it full time.

A big thanks ahead of time for all the support and infromation that is found here.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 12:43:43 pm »
another newbie here... welcome... thank you for sharing this with us... actually, good information for me as I enter the intial processes now of dealing with my tumor.  Be well... :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"