Author Topic: Today I see the doc  (Read 1952 times)

Krystine

Today I see the doc
« on: June 19, 2007, 07:41:00 am »
Late this afternoon I will get the results of my MRI. For those of you who pray, please say one for me. For those who don't, please send positive thoughts if you will.
My dream is that he will say I have no AN, tumor or lesion of any kind. My hopeful reality is that a 20 + Y/O AN will be small enough for radiosurgery.

See you later friends  :)

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: Today I see the doc
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 09:04:53 am »
Krystine,
  Best of luck on your MRI results.  Sending positive vibes your way.    After I heard " You have a mass..." I didn't remember very much about the rest of what the doctor said, it can be a bit of a shock.   I hope you plan to take someone with when you get the results- they can help you remember more of the conversation later, and remember to ask any questions you plan to ask.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 01:18:25 pm »
Hi, Kristine:

A prayer went up for for you as soon as I read your post.  Hope it wasn't too late. 

I also hope that, should the MRI show that you do have an acoustic neuroma, it will be small enough to treat with radio-surgery.  However, microsurgery, while not what anyone really wants, isn't always a nightmare.  While we all hope for 'no AN'  MRI results, should that not be the case, try to remain calm and don't allow panic to overtake you.  That won't help.  Please let us know the MRI results asap.  We care.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

mema

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 01:38:04 pm »
Krystine,

My prayers are with you this afternoon.

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.