Author Topic: recomendations for a physician or doctor  (Read 3456 times)

katdug

recomendations for a physician or doctor
« on: September 08, 2005, 05:59:36 pm »
We are going to our first doctor's appointment for my husband tomarrow and wondered if anyone has a recommendation of a good physician to see.  We are in the central New York area but will travel to get the best possible outcomes for him. Thanks Kathy

Jessie127

Re: recomendations for a physician or doctor
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 06:33:56 pm »
Hi kathy,

I live in Florida and traveled to California to the House Ear Institute for my AN 1.2cm removal middle fossa approach.  I had surgery 2 weeks ago and just got home yesterday and I'm doing pretty good.......The doctor's are great and so is the facility there.  They saved my facial nerve and hearing...I still stumble every once in a while when I walk but no biggie.  That facility also has a place called Seton Hall for those who come from out of town and it's great.  Hope everything goes well.

Jessica
Jessica - Age 28
August 23, 2005
House Ear Clinic - middle fossa approach - 1.2cm
Dr. De La Cruz and Dr. Hitselberger

Mary

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 08:39:12 am »
Kathy,   
You can try Syracues University Hospital in Syracuse, NY.   They have a good GK center.   When I called them the nurse was very helpful.

Mary

russ

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 09:35:32 pm »
Hi
  Ah; Columbia Presybeterian Hospital?
  Russ

JHager

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 09:46:32 pm »
Hey Katdug,

If you check the "Information on Physicians" section, you'll find quite a few New Yorkers who were kind enough to share their recommendations.

Also, the AN archives are chock full of the same info.

Good luck!

Josh
3.5 cm right AN.  Surgery 11/7/05, modified translab.  As recovered as I'd ever hoped to be.

bhiggins

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 01:54:17 pm »
Hi Kathy,

I had a very large tumor, over 5cm and I only went to one place, the doctors, nurses, and facilities were all fantastic.  I would highly recommend checking out The Ohio State Universities Hospital.

Brian