Author Topic: High blood pressure since the OP!!!  (Read 5392 times)

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Re: High blood pressure since the OP!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 05:06:34 pm »
Sorry I didn't see this one earlier.   One cause could be that cranial nerve #10 is the vagus nerve, in charge of your heart function and digestion....my tumor was involved with #10, but did not have BP problems at all, but I've spoken with a cardiovascular surgeon who's a friend, and it's not outside the realm of possibility that any AN with BP related issues could be related to CR10 involvement. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

linnilue

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 06:38:22 pm »
Sorry I didn't see this one earlier.   One cause could be that cranial nerve #10 is the vagus nerve, in charge of your heart function and digestion....my tumor was involved with #10, but did not have BP problems at all, but I've spoken with a cardiovascular surgeon who's a friend, and it's not outside the realm of possibility that any AN with BP related issues could be related to CR10 involvement. 
  This is very interesting.  Maybe #10 was the reason I lost <60 lbs becasue I was so nauseous , had no appettite and literally could barely eat for 2 years.  Very interesting...Holly
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

mema

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 08:56:35 am »
I have heard of people, my hubby and best friend included who have had a surgery of some sort, never had high blood pressure before and now do and are on meds for high blood pressure.                                                                                                                   

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.