Author Topic: MR results after GK May -07...  (Read 2943 times)

Mia

MR results after GK May -07...
« on: November 03, 2007, 06:38:48 am »
I got my MR results yesterday.(5 1/2months since GK) Will hear from the doc. next week, but are getting pretty nervous.
Now it measures 23x20x23mm(before 21x18x21mm), know that is expected. What I dont like is that the tumor is compressing pons and cerebellum light and seems to strech right trigerminus nerve some. Light deformed 4.venetricle, but none compressing.
I know I shouldn`t try to examen it, but can`t help it.
I was expecting some changes since I from 20August have had a lot of symptoms. Are not able to work full time, but I hope it will bee better by time. I am getting pretty tired of it >:(
I wont this dam thing to die!!!
Someone who have some input?

Mia
Right AN 2,1cmx1,8cmx2,1cm
GK 22/5-07, Bergen, Norway
November-07  2,3cmx2,0cmx2,3cm
November-09  2,5cmx2,0cmx2,6cm
May-10 2,4x1,9x2,4cm

Richey

Re: MR results after GK May -07...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 08:12:10 am »
From my experince with getting MRI's since Dec. 04 the differences in those two measurements is not enough to say that it has grown. They will tell you that an MRI takes so many pictures and the angles and precise look to reproduce exactly the way it was looked at before is very difficult.

My last three MRI's have been called similar to the one before and they are not exactly the same mesurements. I'm dealing with a smaller turmor than you are so my differences would be a bigger percentage but when you look at the last three sometimes one dimension is greater than the first and then lesser than the second and the opposite with one of the other dimensions. I talked to the radiologist and he said that essentially the thing is the same size for the last year and a half.

I'm not getting another MRI until Feb 08 which will be a year from the last one.

I suggest that you see if the radiologist will talk to you and explain. It helped me to understand better after talking with mine. They will not give out specific info over the phone due to privacy laws but he gave me general information on the information that I gave him. If you can see them in person and verify who you are they will give your specific info.

One thing I do know is that dealing with an AN that has been treated with radiation is a journey that takes time. Some see results quicker than others. Right now I have to be satisfied with the fact that I had no growth in 18 months and wait until Feb to take another look.

In the meantime try to deal with you symptoms and do as much as you can to get your mind off of thinking about the AN as you can.

Rich

Mia

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 05:33:42 am »
Thanks for your input.
It is not that the tumor is bigger that makes me worry, but that the tumor now is compressing the brainsteam and the cerebellum.
I wonder how much it can press on these before it does any harm? Before the treatment the tumor didn`t press on them.

Mia
May-10 2,4x1,9x2,4cm

tony

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 11:25:35 am »
I am sure you are excited, maybe tense too !
but...It is early days yet - and at 6mths its quite hard to tell
growth from swelling (which can happen post rad)
Re brainstem - its quite soft and so can be displaced
an inch or so without any real harm done
See if the doc sees much more ?
meantime good luck and hope all is well
Best Regards
Tony

Mia

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 08:06:12 am »
Hello agian

Heard from the doctor, and I have to take a CT of my brain.  :(  Because of the deformed 4.ventricle and the headache.
They want to do that to check the pressure in my brain.
Really hope everything is ok.
Is there someone out there who has experienced the same?
(The positive is that it seems that the AN is reacting to the GK :))

Mia
May-10 2,4x1,9x2,4cm

SusanT

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 06:18:08 am »
Mia,
Just wondering what your symptoms are ? I had GK knife in June and I have had increased dizziness, decreased balance, and some facial issues.
Susan

Mia

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 06:47:54 am »
Susan

My symptoms are headache, usually pressure at the right side of the head, fullness in head, sometime nausea and I am feeling kind a "out of my self", difficult to explain.
I can feel dizzi but have no problem with balance. I feel that when I am with people to long or have to follow a long discussion I am "falling out".
Have also trouble with beeing at a mall to long, then my head are getting weird and I have to go home and rest. The positive is that I am not spending so much money any longer :D
Have had some strange feeling in left leg and left arm, but that have been getting better.
Hope everything dissapper soon!!

Mia
May-10 2,4x1,9x2,4cm