Author Topic: I need prayers for Thursday Dec 20 surgery please!  (Read 4914 times)

kelli

I need prayers for Thursday Dec 20 surgery please!
« on: December 19, 2007, 12:00:26 am »
I am finally having surgery after a year of waiting on a 3cm AN. Dr. Nutik is doing the posterior/retro approach in Redwood City Kaiser.
I pray that the surgery will go well and I will recover quickly.
Thank you all for your prayers and support.
Much love,
Kelli
Diagnosed 3cm AN January 2007
Tried holistic treatments for one year. Finally had posterior fossa at Kaiser Redwood City with Dr. Nutik on Dec 20. Followed by cyberknife at Stanford in April for residual tumor.
Thank you Dr. Nutik!

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: I need prayers for Thursday Dec 20 surgery please!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 05:01:00 am »
Kelli:  I will put positive thoughts out to the universe for you, & pray all goes well.  Remember, post op you may feel like you were hit by a mack truck, I know I did (that anesthesia gets me every time).    Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!
Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

danijake

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 06:03:40 am »
Kelli,
I will put you in my prayers, also. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Yes, you will feel like you've been hit by a truck! Not gonna lie or even sugarcoat it. But you will be okay.  ;D

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 06:33:29 am »
Kelli,

Good thoughts to you on your "special" day.  Know all will be well that day.  I also send good thoughts to your surgeons, nurses and all who will be taking care of you during that time of recovery.  Time heals all wounds, remember this when the questions of "why can't I..., when will this..., and where's my patience" come up every now and then.  Looking forward to your being a "postie".
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 07:56:34 am »
kelli,
  Sending positive thoughts your way in hopes of a fast recovery.  When you can, let us know how you're doing post-op.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 08:32:04 am »
I'll definitely be thinking of you tomorrow!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Boppie

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 09:30:22 am »
Dear Kelli, I will say a prayer for you.  Keep up your patience and give yourself time to rest.  Please keep us posted. 

lori67

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 09:56:50 am »
Kelli

Good luck to you tomorrow.  Know that we are all thinking of you and we're with you in spirit.  They probably wouldn't let us in the OR any other way!

First couple of days are rough - everyone is right!  But you get through that and soon you'll be feeling pretty good.  Get lots of rest, take care of yourself and we'll be praying for you and sending good thoughts your way!

Can't wait to hear from you when you're back at home!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 11:16:53 am »
Kelli -

my prayers are with you tomorrow and throughout your recovery.  I'm sure everything will go well.  Relax and remember that recovery takes time.  It's hard to be patient, but try your best not to get frustrated.  Don't forget that we are here for you.  Please let us know how it turns out when you are able. 

All the best,

Jan   
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 11:27:16 am »
Kelli,
Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way tomorrow. Please know alot of us here have been in your shoes and know your fears and anxieties and also know you will come out of this OK. Yes the Mac truck thing, but OK. The good thing is you won't remember the first few days much. It's kind of a blur for me. Just remember that recovery from this is best taken in small steps and tiny accomplishments. Your family members are welcome to log on for you if you aren't up to it if you have any questions--we've all been there.

Be well and sail on!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 11:28:25 am »
I will light a candle during these darker (well in the PNW anyway) short days of the year and pray for you specifically.

Have faith, try to be strong and keep moving forward. You have lots of great people here to support you once you are back on-line… be sure to post when you can.

Wonderful winter wellness wishes to you Kelli!

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

kelli

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 11:36:19 am »
Thank you all so much!!!
Your beautiful thoughts and words of encouragement have touched my heart.
I'm on my way now down to the hospital for my pre-op and meeting with the anesthesiologist.
Then I will be staying at a hotel with my mom tonight and be at the hospital at 6am tomorrow.
My Christmas wish is a perfect surgery and a quick recovery.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers :)
In gratitude,
Kelli
Diagnosed 3cm AN January 2007
Tried holistic treatments for one year. Finally had posterior fossa at Kaiser Redwood City with Dr. Nutik on Dec 20. Followed by cyberknife at Stanford in April for residual tumor.
Thank you Dr. Nutik!

berniejfnp

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 01:08:55 pm »
Hi Kelli,

Just a quick note to send you positive energy and strength as you proceed with your endeavor.  I understand that this has been a difficult decision for you  as it has been for many of the forum members.  I am 12 days post op, feeling stronger daily and know that you will also do well.  Taking each day as an adventure and setting achievable goals helps to keep your progress in perspective.  Take care, best of all recovery possibilities are sent your way.  Keep in touch as able.

Bernie

OMG16

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 01:39:24 pm »
You have been added to my Prayers.  Try to relax today with a message and a hot bubble bath.  Rememember when you are having bad days to lean on us...........I just broke out into song for you.  Come on everybody sing along and show Kelli the power of the AN support forum.    16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 01:44:02 pm »
You have been added to my Prayers.  Try to relax today with a message and a hot bubble bath.  Rememember when you are having bad days to lean on us...........I just broke out into song for you.  Come on everybody sing along and show Kelli the power of the AN support forum.    16

for those of you here that have heard my voice....  :o... trust me, 16, you don't want me singing along.

kelli, I know you are en route now and I wanted you to know that I am cheering you on... sending healing/wellness wishes as well as my huggles (I also send my pug's healing *toots* as they seem to work as well :)  ).  Good luck to you tomorrow... be well and Gawd speed.

Looking forward to you joining the ranks of "Postie" (post-treatment) status.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"