Author Topic: Damn - why am I soooo' nervous????  (Read 2636 times)

Denisex2boys

Damn - why am I soooo' nervous????
« on: January 15, 2008, 11:24:42 am »
My 2nd MRI is tomorrow morning at 8:00 am - I am soooo' anxious and nervous about this - - heck this is the easy part - I already know I have an AN but this one is more specific for my visit in London, ON with Dr. Lownie and Dr. Parnes in early Feb.  I guess I am scared there may be growth - I dunno .......

They told me they could give me an Ativan for the anxousness - but I don't want to be all dopey - so they said maybe a Gravol .....

I just hate all this - - I wish I could wave a magic want and it would just disappear.

And to top it off - that horrible conjested/warm/tingly sensation is back on the left side :(

ANYWAY ...... just send me some nice thoughts tomorrow morning - like I am laying on the beach or something and not in that darned 'tube'. .......
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Damn - why am I soooo' nervous????
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 11:39:55 am »

Be sure and take a Jimmy Buffet CD with ya! Lots of those tubes have headphones.  My last one actually had some Buffet as I had forgotten mine in the car. Perfect "layin' on a sunny beach visualisation" music!  Pirate sox on for you, tomorrow, Denise!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

lori67

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 11:45:39 am »
Ok, how's this... you're laying on a nice tropical beach somewhere with turquoise blue water, warm sand, palm trees swaying in the breeze, dolphins playing in the water.  The banging noise you hear is just the locals cracking open the coconuts to make you a nice refreshing rum drink, which will be served to you by a very attractive young man, who also knows how to cook, iron, clean bathrooms, do laundry and is a licensed manicurist.  That thing that looks like a tube above your head, is merely a shade to keep you from getting sunburn.

Boy, I can't wait to get my next MRI!!

Good luck to you.  If I find that magic wand, I'll wave it like crazy over all of us!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Boppie

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 01:11:10 pm »
I always feel better when we reach the half way mark and we pause to do the contrast.  At least I can count on being on the downhill side of the tube do.

A Snickers bar on the way out the door helps, too!

tatianne

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 02:21:22 pm »
I just had mine last Tuesday and I definitly can relate to the way your feeling !!!!!!!!!!

For me the MRI is stressful and I did take an ativan which helped a lot....but waiting for the results which takes 2-3 weeks here in Canada is like pure torture...way tooooooo long.

At the MRI center I go to they put a face cloth over my eyes so i dont have to see that im so closed in, Ive always done it this way so Ive never actually experienced the view in there and I think I would like to keep it that way.

Sending you good energy, great vibes and prayers for a no growth result.
T
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Denisex2boys

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 02:28:34 pm »
tatianne - I am in Canada too!  Ontario - they put a cloth over my eyes too and a warm blanket - and while there is that 'nice breeze' going on about you - bu I made the mistake of sticking my finger in the air and feeling the 'lid' - that just totally freaked my out .......
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Pembo

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 04:43:48 pm »
I put the cloth on my eyes so that I can still look out the bottom and see the ceiling. I lay there and listen hard to my CD and think about laying on the beach...then after the MRI I went to get a massage. That was the best part!

Good luck..........
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Richey

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 08:52:25 pm »
I had another MRI last week and fortunately they do not bother me at all and I tell the tech. not to keep asking me if I'm ok cause he will mess up my sleep. I do however start to stress a little about the results a week or so before I know that I'm doing the thing again.

I picked up my film just about ten minutes after the test, stopped to have a cup of coffee and then walked to the file room and got the film as my doctor likes the film over the CD. I went back two days later and got the reading results and I go to discuss with my doctor later this week. As I have already posted under another topic my AN is stable and has been for about three years post GK.

Don't understand why it would take as long as you say to get results.

HCSTARWIND

• attitude is 90%
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 11:08:05 pm »
I can't imagine waiting for 2-3 weeks for  your results!!! I was relaxed in the tunnel with my MRI's except for the last one which took about 1 hour. It was a more comprehensive exam to find out why I am having numbness and tingling in my left face with such a small tumor. I am a nurse so immediately signed for release of my records and pulled up the report in 2 days, even before my primary care Dr. got the results. I wish for you balmy breeze , warm sun and a pina colada on the beach. Visualization can do wonderful things for the mind. Hang in there and keep us posted on your results. Helen  :)
Dx, AN left IAC, 3x9x2x3mm. Now 5x5mm , Nov. 07. Watch and wait for now.

tatianne

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 08:11:29 am »
Hey Denise,
thats so cool that your close by...
What treatment are you planning for ?
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Denisex2boys

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 02:35:51 pm »
WOOHOO - I survived!  I took a Gravol before my appointment and the Tech. I had this time at least left my legs out this time - so I felt a little more 'free'.

I was a bit confused however as the first MRI I had that actually found the AN was without contrast - and when I arrived at the hospital yesterday he informed me that is was to be an MRI with contrast - why?  Would this be for them to get better positioning?  Size?  I found it kind of strange since the first one had been without.

lori67

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 02:42:30 pm »
I knew you'd survive!  Yay!

From my understanding, AN's show up much better with contrast than without.  I know some don't show up at all without it.  On mine, you can see it much better with - it looks like a glowing golf ball.  Your doctor probably just wants to make sure to get a good picture of it to measure it, see it's location and to compare it to the surrounding tissue. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.  Well, I mean, the AN is worth being concerned about, but I don't think I'd worry more because they used the contrast this time.

Let us know what the results are when you get them.  Hopefully that won't take too long!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.