Author Topic: I'm doing it! Tomorrow  (Read 2207 times)

danijake

I'm doing it! Tomorrow
« on: February 11, 2008, 12:38:25 am »
I'm getting it done. The BAHA thing. Ya'll have helped me make my decision and I thank you so much for all of the support and encouragement. I'm getting it done at Memorial Hermann Southwest by Dr McReynolds at 7:30 AM. I'm nervous because I don't know if there will be any pain afterwards. Well, nothing can compare to the head-wrecks!!! Anyway, I'll let you know when I get back!!!

PS...Hopefully I'll get another piece of eye candy when the anesthesiologist comes in!!!! Yes, I'm being put out because I'm a weenie for pain! :D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:40:17 am by danijake »

LADavid

Re: I'm doing it! Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 12:45:20 am »
LOL.  What some people will do to meet a hot anesthesiologist!  Seriously, best wishes.  Looking forward to hearing about your success.
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 01:39:47 am »
Onya Dani,

As we say down under - "She'll be right mate"!

I'm not sure about your motives though Dani, are going for the procedure or are you trying to hit on the anaethetist?

Laz

2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 05:56:11 am »
Good luck!  My prayers are with you.
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 07:42:51 am »
Dani~
So glad I got to "talk" to you last night!  You are in my thoughts & prayers today!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 12:40:33 pm »
Dani - good luck!  I didn't have any pain after my implant was put in - just a little sore that night, but nothing tylenol couldn't handle.  I hope you're as lucky.

And I hope you get a good, long view of the good looking doc before he knocks you out!  Sweet dreams!
Lori ;)
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 01:45:25 pm »
Dani -

glad to hear you're going ahead with the surgery.  IMO, you're doing the right thing. 

I hope to join you soon.  At this point, I'm still awaiting a formal, written approval from my insurance company.  It's been 11 days now.  I called this morning and they weren't sure if they'd written the letter to me or not  ???  Guess I'll be calling them again tomorrow.

Good luck.  Let us know how it goes,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 01:58:14 pm »
Dani, congrats on your decision and looking forward to the updates! :)

Congrats, congrats!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

danijake

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 04:00:03 pm »
Imagine my disappointment when the anesthesiologist walked in...she was a WOMAN!!! :'(  At that point I didn't care because my head hurt so bad. Everything went well. My throat's sore and my head feels raw and bruised. I can't take the bandage off for 24 hours so I don't know what it looks like yet. The anesthesiologist said she was giving me oxygen, but it made me feel funky-like nitrous. Then she injected something in my IV and I woke up with a nurse in my face asking if I was nauseous. Oh yeah. Then she gave me demerol...3 times!!! :P  I arrived at the hospital at 7 am and left at 1:30 pm. I don't know why it took so long. I went in the O.R. at 9:45 and woke up at 12:30. I still have my job. whoopee. ::)  I'm on med leave until the 25th. Well, that's all there is. I know this info is jumpin' around but I'm still feelin' OOOOOKAY!! :D

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 04:00:53 pm »
Hi, Dani:

Congratulations on your 'BAHA decision'!  I add my wishes for a successful outcome and better hearing in your future.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

trhoads

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 10:55:46 am »
Well, I am a little late....

So, how did the BAHA surgery go?  I hope you are doing well.  As for me, the BAHA surgery, to my surprise, did not make my headaches any worse, which is what I had feared the most.  The pain medicine they gave me in the recovery room was wonderful!! My headache was temporarily gone, and I think my husband would have fallen over had he been standing when I got into the car and asked him where we were going for lunch.  After that medication wore off, I used my usual Ibuprofen, which seemed to do the trick.  However, I was unable to lay on that side for a couple of weeks, until the tenderness went away.

I hope you are doing well,

Tonya

danijake

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 09:47:58 pm »
It actually helped with the headaches!! My neck is messed up, though. So I think it's cervicogenic. The whole left side of my head is numb. Weird.