Author Topic: checking in.  (Read 4839 times)

satman

checking in.
« on: February 19, 2008, 11:18:52 am »
Hello everybody,I have been away from the forum for awhile,just wanted to check in to see how all of my
 lovely A.N family are doing.
As far as me I am doing very well at work,I still walk slow,but getting better,no facial animation yet but I feel the constant zappers,my eye had its first tear today,I noticed that when I was walking through the news room and a reporter said "why are you crying".I can now carry a glass of water upstairs and not spill any of it,and now I can go up and down without holding on to the rail. All in all,things are getting better and if not I just deal with it,which we have all gotten better at I'm sure.
Not a single day goes by that I do not think of you guys, I hope everybody is on a path to success and a bit of normalcy. And yes,the tumor has affected my spelling.
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

pattibobatti

Re: checking in.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 11:28:18 am »
Hey there, Satman!!

I was just seeing what was going on today and I am so glad that you are doing better.  What great news about all the zaps!!!! I remember telling you that all this recovery takes such a long time and you looked at me in despair.  But it sure beats the alternative!!!

I think of you often

Take care,
Patti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

satman

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:36:21 am »
Hey Patricia, I have tried to call but got no anwser, I think of you often.
I hope you are doing good and is the contact holding up,I saw DR.Meritt friday he says my eye is healthy and if it ever bothers me he could put another stitch in,but I have been dealing with it this way for awhile now so I think I will ride it out.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:58:10 am »
satman... good to see you. :) You have been missed.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

OMG16

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 12:12:49 pm »
I got on today and saw your post and thought what a treat for all of us to have you post!  You have been missed so much.  I am so glad to hear that you are still making progress.  My son has made progress all of the sudden lately too and it has been almost 3 years now.

I hope that all in the newroom threw you the party you deserve for such a milestones!  I think tequila and a big texas sized cake is in order.  Cheers to Super Duper Satman and to his AN cyber celebration.  :D

Kisses to your forehead.  :-*  :-*  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

satman

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 12:46:46 pm »
hey there Kimmy,kisses received,so good to hear from you,i am so happy to hear of your sons progress.
where there is a will there is a way !

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 01:07:05 pm »
Hey John:  Good to hear from you - ZAPS ARE GOOD!!!! 

I had a Temporalis Tendon Transfer 11/20/07 (I never got the 'zaps') - my before/after pictures are under Facial Issues, subj: Post Temporalis Tendon(fyi).   

Wishing you continued healing my friend, & smiles all around! 
Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 05:12:44 pm »
Hey, John:

Thanks for checking in and sharing the news of your progress.  Good to read a positive post from a 'veteran' AN patient.  Don't be a stranger!   :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 12:17:37 am »
Satman -

good to hear from you.  Sounds like you are making great progress!

Count me in for the tequila and cake  :)

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 03:26:31 pm »
Hey there Satman! Good to hear from you--we miss you and thanks for thinking of us--keep us posted on your progress!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 09:50:53 pm »
Super 8!  :)

Great to hear from you! Welcome Back. :-*

Truth is …I missed you… so glad to spot your post just now.

HUGS,

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 07:20:58 am »
Hi Satman,

I read your earlier post about having to distance yourself from this site for awhile.  I truly understand that...Did that done that.  I also understand "checking in".  Once touched by an AN, it gives us a truly different perspective and an automatic connection with others who have the same.

I have recently just started reposting as well:-)

Kindest Regards,
Kate

Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

satman

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 08:21:28 am »
I agree Kate,this is bigger than ourselves,if I can ease the fear for the ones starting down this road then thats what i must do,make sense ?   

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 03:32:31 pm »
Satman:

At almost two years post-op, I've also come close to taking an extended 'vacation' from this site/boards but I don't, for the same reasons you noted.  I feel that my mostly positive AN experience can be of some small benefit to the newly diagnosed who are generally swamped with horror stories and not-always-inappropriate warnings of serious problems post-op, which can paralyze them into inaction and/or add unnecessary fears to their already difficult lives.  I know I've helped a few folks and I'm pleased that I could do that.  If I abandon the site/forums, I can't help any AN patient, so I stay.  I won't post here indefinitely, but until I'm asked to leave or feel I'm not adding much of anything to the various discussions (which I sometimes suspect is the case), I'll stay and try to help other AN patients.

See you on the forums.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 10:08:39 pm »
Well Jim- you certainly have helped me.

I really appreciate your posts... you are always so eloquent with your words.

Thanks for being on here.

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!