Author Topic: Tightness in the AN side of throat  (Read 2792 times)

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Tightness in the AN side of throat
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:02:39 pm »
Anyone have tightness on the AN side of throat? For some weeks now I've felt this way every now and then, but not when I swallow. It happens when I'm not eating or dringking.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Tightness in the AN side of throat
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 12:42:20 pm »
Syl:

I haven't experienced that particular problem but it could be connected to your AN. I would suggest that you might be better served by consulting a physician for clearer answers to these kind of specific medical questions.  However, I do hope this condition subsides.  Let us know.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 08:21:55 pm »
Hi Sly, I had funny throat feelings, and my neurologist said my swallowing was probably going to be affected next. How big and where is your AN?

Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

Syl

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 11:19:56 pm »
Yvette,

My AN is 1.5 cm. Not too sure about exact location, though.

Syl

Syl

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 11:59:33 pm »
Asked my Dr. about this. She says no need to worry, it's most likely acid reflux...darn those late night snacks.
BTW, just had a new MRI scan last week. It shows no sign of new growth. That's probably why she's not too worried.

Syl

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 08:15:52 am »

Asked my Dr. about this. She says no need to worry, it's most likely acid reflux...darn those late night snacks.
BTW, just had a new MRI scan last week. It shows no sign of new growth. That's probably why she's not too worried.

Syl

Syl:

I'm pleased that your MRI scan showed no growth and that you consulted with your doctor about this issue.  I had hoped the throat tightness wasn't AN-related but had no idea if that were so.  Now you know.  Perhaps a change of late night eating habits may alleviate the problem.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.