Author Topic: Frankie the Pug... lordy, I am peeved!!!!  (Read 8983 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Frankie the Pug... lordy, I am peeved!!!!
« on: May 05, 2008, 11:32:38 am »
Frankie, a pug from the East Boston area, was stolen in a home invasion.....

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/16163463/detail.html

I am guarding Beanie with my life. Look, even Beanie is upset about this news of Frankie!

Peeved! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

Re: Frankie the Pug... lordy, I am peeved!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 12:07:29 pm »
Phyl,

I am certainly upset to read about Frankie, but perhaps someone should have told him that dogs can BITE!

Unless maybe he was trained as a watch dog and he's now "watching" her tv somewhere else.  Then, I'd say he was very well trained.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 02:38:31 pm »
Very funny comment about the biting, Lori  :D

Cute picture, Phyl.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Mary 117

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 03:27:44 pm »
Oh man, How awful. My pug Lucy was my best friend during recovery. She missed me so much while I was gone to HEI that when I returned she wouldn't eat unless I sat by her food bowl. We took a lot of nice slow walks- which you would know, are Pugs' favorite kind.
I hope they find Frankie.  (beanie is sure cute!)

Mary (I am owned by a pug)
2cm x 1.5cm AN, Middle Fossa, Dr. Brackmann  05/24/05
Mild hearing loss, mild facial weakness, no balance issues

"well behaved women seldom make history"

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 03:44:56 pm »
Mary/Brenda, have you all read "Clara, the Pug that ruled my World"? :)

signed,

A Pug Parrent

(no update on Frankie yet.... will follow news reports in hopes that they find him. It is an issue in these parts of pugs being stolen due to their value).

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

matti

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 04:48:34 pm »
That's frightening. Poor little Frankie, he must be so traumatized. I get so darn mad when I read things like this...

I love the pic of my beautiful niece Beanie :)

Mary - I love your comment "I am owned by a pug".  I am also owned, but it's by a lab. He owns the house and car as well. He is my sweetie though, as he also never left my side during my recovery.

Cheryl

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 05:19:12 pm »
there are some real horror stories. We had one the other day when these hoons in a car taumented a young lady walking her 3 small dogs. i think they were pomeranian 9excuse spelling). Anyway, these *(*^&^&*(&*)* sub animals, deliberatley ran over one of the dogs and killed it. This has sparked large public outcry and everyone is "gunning" for their scalps. These mongrels, when caught, face up to 5 years jail.

i certainly hope they catch the idiots.

I wouldn't be without my two pooches. They have the run of the house, they love lying on the couch, oh, they need a cushion first, they ask for the cushions now. they look up at the couch raising their front legs and if a cushion isn't there, they look at us. Talk about spoilt rotten but we don't care. they give 100% unconditional love. they are real comforts to me when the headaches come on full bore, they just lie with you and expect nothing in return. anyone that harms animals or steals them from their home should be castrated or something similar.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 07:57:59 pm »
well, great news folks... Frankie was turned in to the local police department and reunited with his Pug Parent! Great news! 

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/16164696/detail.html

Thanks for all the wishes for Frankie... as many of us here know how very special our "family" is to us....

...and for the lab, out on the west coast... yes, virtual boyfriend Cosmo, this is for you from your gf, Queenie Beanie the toot queen:

woof-arf-arf!  Woof! heh!

As you can see, it's been a very long day for Beanie with worrying about Frankie.... she's ready for sleep.  :)

Phyl

matti

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 08:37:55 pm »
thanks for the update Phyl. Fabulous news ;D  What a joyful and tearful reunion that must have been.

I'll tell Cosmo his gf says "Hi". As we know as soon as I mention her name he'll go crazy  ;)

Hugs,
Cheryl
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 08:39:09 pm »
HEY COSMO! Where's Beanie?  Where is she?  Beanie... where's Cosmo?

(we have got to get them a room....) :)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 08:40:54 pm »
Wait, are you talking about a lab and a pug here?

Very interesting visual LOL - don't censor me, Phyl  :o

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 08:42:13 pm »
geesh! I don't censor everyone!!!!!! gah!!!!!!!!!! ;)

P

lori67

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 08:45:33 pm »
It's like canine-online dating!  I've got a golden retriever and a shepherd/collie/misc "hybrid" - they are both single brownish females who like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain..
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

matti

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 08:53:40 pm »
Lori - You crack me up LOL  and as tempting as that offer is for my Cosmo, he only has eyes for Princess Beanie.  However Cosmo does like Pina colada's, but hates getting caught in the rain....

Cheryl
Life is great at 50

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 09:37:42 pm »
Ah, another potential money-making venture for Lori - writing canine on-line dating ads!

You're pretty good at this, Lori  ;)

And, Phyl, you know I'm just teasing you because I can LOL

Although, I don't recall Joef censoring us much  :D

Jan