Author Topic: Surgeries this week  (Read 4162 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Surgeries this week
« on: May 13, 2008, 07:13:33 am »
I just wanted to remind everyone that Melissa and PrisB are scheduled for surgery on Thursday and that Ceci is having surgery this morning.

I'll be keeping Ceci in my thoughts and prayers today.  I'm hopeful that Ceci's daughter Meg will update us later today or perhaps tomorrow.

Best of luck to Melissa & PrisB - I'll be thinking about both of you on Thursday and praying for good outcomes.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

Re: Surgeries this week
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 08:52:27 am »
Good luck, Ceci. Daughter Meg, do please let us know how it goes.

Melissa and PrisB, try to relax, it won't be long now. Best wishes.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 09:06:03 am »
Ceci, Melissa, PrisB - go softly and gently and let us know when you are on the other side!

Debbi - sending all good things your way...
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Tamara

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 09:27:06 am »
My best wishes to Ceci, Melissa, and PrisB.  Will keep you all in my prayers!

I've only been on this forum a month or so.  Is it always this busy?????

Tamara
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 10:24:34 am »
Good luck Ceci, Melissa, and PrisB. I'm praying for you all.

I'm right behind you with 5 weeks to go.
Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 10:25:52 am »
Good question, Tamara.

It seems like things are very busy lately, but maybe it's just my perception.  Also having the AN Calendar now I think we're much more aware of who is doing what. 

I have noticed that the number of members on this forum has steadily increased in the past few weeks.  Maybe it's due to Phyl's wonder article in the last ANA newsletter.  I think a lot more patients are aware of the forum now.  I know that I routinely mention it to people who contact me.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 10:37:04 am »
Please allow me to extend my hopes and prayers for good outcomes to Ceci, Melissa, and PrisB.  Can't wait for you guys to be 'posties'.  :)

Jan:

I'm sure the forums are growing in membership and contributions.  I believe this is one reason the ANA Director wanted to add more moderators.  Not that being a Moderator is a terrible strain because these forums are generally populated by emotionally mature, caring, civil folks, but having more 'eyes' on the boards does make it a bit easier for all involved.  Great to see the growth, too.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 11:20:28 am »
wellness wishes to Ceci, Melissa, and PrisB for terrific procedure outcomes this week... my pirate socks are wearing out but I got 'em ready!

As for the forums being more active.... cuz folks can sense a great group when they see 'em! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 11:55:14 am »
Boy, you moderator folks are really sucking up to the rest of us to push for that pay raise you want!   ;D  That's okay, we don't mind the compliments!

I guess Springtime is AN Surgery time.  Who knew?  At any rate, good luck to everyone having treatments soon!  With all these treatments, I sure hope to hear a lot of good news in the near future!!

Prayers, good vibes, pirate flip-flops, sugar and spice and everything nice!!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

LADavid

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 04:48:20 pm »
AN Surgery Season.  That's a good one.  Maybe it has something to do wiith medical teams getting things wrapped up before summer vacations start, said cynical David.

Ceci, Melissa and PrisB

Know that we are all behind you in thoughts and good wishes and prayers.  Have a great and successful surgery and a very speedy recovery.  Think postie and before you know it, you'll be one in ICU saying "waaa happened?" and looking around for those ice chips or jello cups and apple juice and all theother things that you never thought would tast so good.

You're in my prayers

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

cindyj

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 08:03:11 pm »
Good wishes you three - we're all here hoping for the best for all of you.  Will be watcihing for positive updates!

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

kimberly

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 07:26:58 am »
ditto to what cindy said - best wishes to the 3 of you :)

Kimberly

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 01:43:31 pm »
To those of you going through surgery this week (or your families)... Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. You will make it through this difficult time and it will get better.
Love,
Jenni
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 08:19:33 pm »
Daughter Meg -

I see you are logged on.

Can you give us an update on your mom's surgery?

I'm anxious to hear how she's doing.

Hope everything went well,

Jan

LADavid

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 09:37:50 pm »
Just got back from Physical Therapy in Orange County -- an all day ordeal. 

But I logged on tonight to see all sorts of stories about Melissa and PrisB and Ceci -- and nada. ???

For those of you who are scribing for them -- please let us know how the posties are doing.

As far as the Physical Therapy.  I started vestibular training today.  The PT showed me how I was doing all the wrong exercises for the past five months.  They put me in a chamber like thing and did this diagnostic test.  It forced me to lose my balance and measured how I compensated for it.  I've been doing all the wrong things and the wrong exercises.  Hopefully this gets things going in the right direction.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments