Author Topic: Lyrica side effects  (Read 2049 times)

Leeney#9

Lyrica side effects
« on: June 06, 2008, 02:43:47 am »
I HAVE TO BEGIN TAKING LYRICA AND AM AFRAID BECAUSE THEY SAY IT CAN BECOME ADDICTIVE.   WHAT MAKES IT ADDICTIVE?

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: Lyrica side effects
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 05:45:53 am »
I'm not sure about the addictiviness ...ask your doctor!!  but I would be carefull about the stuff they push on TV lately .. it seems like years later it turns out the not so good..... are you having headaches or just pain all over.....

Welcome to the forum! ... do you know any details about your AN ?

(ps ... I deleted the other duplicate posting .. one is good enough!)
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Cheryl R

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 06:08:47 am »
Lyrica is a drug which has helped many with pain rellief that some people had not been able to get with other drugs.     I have seen several people taking it.    I am a recently retired nurse.    You should not get addicted if you actually do have pain.      Addiction with some drugs can happen if you have no pain and are just taking them because the idea sounds good,.         There can be possible side effects which may go away in time. 
                                              Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

LizH

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 06:31:19 am »
I have taken Lyrica  before. I was misdiagnosed with MS and given Neurotin. I saw another doctor who gave me Lyrica and advised me to take Lyrica instead of Neurontin. I was not in pain when it was given to me. My muscles were weak as a result of nerve damage due to the tumor growing and pressing on my brainstem. I have since stopped taking Lyrica 75mg. It made me too weak. I never got addicted to it though. LizH.
53 years old now. AN size 4cm now
waiting for surgery date
FSR May 2001 when it was 2.9 cm
Dr. Laperriere
Princess Margaret Hospital
Toronto. Ontario. Canada

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 07:52:33 am »
H Leeny and welcome.  I guess you have Fibromyalgia and were prescribed the Lyrica. (I have FMS but not on it).  You have an Acoustic Neuroma as well? If so, please share with us about your AN journey and what exactly the Lyrica was prescrbed (I'm assuming FMS but I really don't like to assume).

Be well,
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 08:10:54 am »
I too have Fibromyalgia. is there a link to AN?

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 08:30:12 am »
Hey AnneMarie!  :-*

I have been told that FMS is usually secondary issue to a more major issue. In my case, I believe I can figure out the correlation but don't believe it is  (for me) the AN issue.  I'm not sure if a direct link has been made or if research data is available to show how they tie in a major issue to FMS (being secondary). I've peeked at the FMS websites available but not real close... will have to recheck.

Just my thoughts.....
xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 09:00:44 am »
Interesting Phyl,

I think I might check out the some websites.  I was diagnosed at least 10yrs ago and was put on muscle relaxers.  I was told that having 4 babies in four yrs had been to stressful on my body.  I wasn't getting into a deep restorative sleep.  Nothing has changed :(  My #2 son was out to 5:00am with the van, so you tell me what's sleep >:(

Oh that little bugger is sound asleep and I'm waiting for him to get up.  He has to get ready for work.  Momma has a few things to say to him.  The van and his older brother's car are both impounded where he's concerned, not to mention I'm considering locking him in his room for the next 10yrs!!!  No wait a minute that would be torturous for me :o

I agree with Lori, no wonder I need hair dye ;)

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games