Author Topic: has any one had a retension cyist with the ana  (Read 2193 times)

lmurray69

has any one had a retension cyist with the ana
« on: December 01, 2005, 10:33:17 pm »
I am looking for a surgeon in Missouir, I had radiation in march and 5 TIA's sence they are not related. at least i dont think..my last TIA i had a mri and they said that the ana is growing . so i want to have it removed..ITs small 8mm was 6mm also have a retention cyist
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

okiesandy

Re: has any one had a retension cyist with the ana
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 10:17:57 am »
I don't know what you mean by a retention cyst withing the AN. I have a cystic AN and I was told that about 25% of them are cystic or have cysts in in them. I have been to three doctors and consulted with Dr. Brackmann at HEI. All said it is not a problem. I also have a mucus retention cyst in my maxillary sinus and all doctors said leave it alone and don't worry about it it is incidential and a lot of the population has them.

Are you sure you want surgery? Can you hang in there until you have your 1 year MRI? Just about everone says that is usually the turning point. Who did you Radiation?

I do know that there are some good surgeons in St. Louis and I don't know about K.C.  I can find out if no one answers your post.

Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

lmurray69

Re: has any one had a retension cyist with the ana
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 05:55:08 pm »
I was told that what i have is a almost 3 cm  retention  cycist  ,they cant seem to  figure out all my problems if it is the Tia's Or the tumor..They  the ent and the neuro surgeon was going in togather,but the neuro said he wouldnt go in till the ent went in and removed the retention cycist. so I was left trying the radiation..also I am on medcade so some  of the doctors i talked to wouldnt take it . I went to columbia Mo dr latalski at the cancer hospital .Ellis ,I also went to barns in st louis ,DR rich but he only wanted to do radiation,,thanks for your help..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/