Author Topic: fever after CK?  (Read 1525 times)

sher

fever after CK?
« on: October 05, 2008, 09:00:34 pm »
Hi all,
Did anyone have a fever after CK?
Sherry
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: fever after CK?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 05:30:45 am »
hey sher,

minimal, immediately post-CK. I believe okiesandy and some  others may not that they felt like minimal "flu" symptoms, although not the flu. I believe there were posts on the CK Patient Support board about it a while back.  Some had noted minimal fevers and body aches.  You can try doing a search option here or on the CK board to find the threads.  Also, "red face" immediately post treatment has been noted (but not often). I had red face immediately post CK.... at least it gave some color to my very pale face.

Hang in there. Please let the radio treatment team know of this so they can monitor you.... and feel better.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 08:41:23 am »
Sherry,

I remember sitting in the winter-sunshine with my dogs in the front yard, the day after my last CK treatment; direct sunlight in the driveway. 

My head felt like it was on fire if the hazy-sun contacted my full-head of long hair.  (scalp protected but, that didn't work)  Even a hat didn't help!

This was uncomfortable for about two weeks.  I do need to mention that I didn't take the steroid pill, I was given.  I've had a reverse reaction to steroid use.  (landing myself in ER with throat closure)

My two year Stanford anniversary is at the end of next month.  *End of Nov. & Dec. 1st treatments!  (every six months MRI and ENT visits)

Obvious advice is to stay out of the sun as much as possible, at least---soon after GK or CK.

Best wishes to all,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

sher

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 12:54:15 pm »
thanks everyone!!!!! ;)
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth