Author Topic: Ok, time to meet the UK AN'ers!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5371 times)

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: Ok, time to meet the UK AN'ers!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 03:25:28 pm »
Great pic!  Thanks for sharing!  Meet ups like this are great, aren't they?  I'm still floored by the married couple both with an AN and sisters with an AN.  To me, that certainly smacks of an environmental cause of some sort.
Thanks for the pic!
Brian

Floor's me too .. if it was not for the internet ... I dont think I would have ever met another AN'er...

4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 03:28:51 pm »
Oh, you are SO honored to have met me, dear JoeF! How many times now? How many phone calls? Have you taken cover yet? :D

Brian, good point. Been a big discussion topic (verbal) lately about environmental impact... even asked the UK AN bruncher's about it.... and local as well. Will keep that as off topic from this thread but would love to get a feel for it (as I feel it is part of our family history as well). If you want to start a thread on it, go fer it.

Glad you all enjoyed the piccie. :)  BTW, breakfast was VERY fattening true English Tea Cakes with Raisins, tea, coffee and hot chocolate! yum! :)

Phyl

Great pic!  Thanks for sharing!  Meet ups like this are great, aren't they?  I'm still floored by the married couple both with an AN and sisters with an AN.  To me, that certainly smacks of an environmental cause of some sort.
Thanks for the pic!
Brian

Floor's me too .. if it was not for the internet ... I dont think I would have ever met another AN'er...

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

JeWeL41

• Science teacher, married mum of 3, happy,bit deaf!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 11:27:26 am »
Hey Phyll, we are a photogenic bunch aren't we - my mum is called Marion!  ;D
Sudden hearing loss Nov 2006 (left), tinnitus, fullness,imbalance, left side headaches and strange sensation on that side of face - but not AN!
Diagnosis - SSHL. Bouts of spinning vertigo now!
Saw Prof Ramsden (April 08) and it may be Atypical Menieres with Migraine Syndrome!

sgerrard

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 12:26:52 pm »
Great picture. Nice to see you again, Julie. Welcome to the AN and AMMS (Atypical Menieres with Migraine Syndrome) forum!  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 02:27:47 pm »
Wonderful photo, Phyl.

Thanks for sharing it  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 09:35:22 pm »
Hi Phyl,
I'm glad you had a good trip and it seems like lots of fun!  Thanks for sharing the picture you all look so happy to be together;

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 06:50:14 am »
Phyl,

Thanks for sharing the picture!  You all look awesome.  These AN's are sure strange bedfellows.  A husband and wife team and sisters, who would've thunk it?

Huggles,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 08:11:36 am »
Not sure who the reference is about the sisters (anyone care to note?) but what a nice time enjoyed by all..... was thrilled we got this organized, that Julie and Marion were able to make the ride (a bit of a distance for them, come to find out after the fact) but next trip over, will do again!

Glad all are enjoying..... nothing like funky ailments bringing folks together....  :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 10:29:35 pm »
Wendy, Lori, Kaybo and I are now sisters, but we're not in the picture.

Any chance some of the UK AN'ers will be attending the symposium?  It's a long way for them to travel, but it would be great to meet them.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 01:28:31 pm »
The "sisters" reference is to "Suboo" and her sister (sorry, names escape me right now).  It's VERY unusual in my experience to have siblings both with AN's (unless there's some sort of environmental factor we haven't figured out yet).

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager