Author Topic: Meeting Steve in the NW - Photos prove it! :-)  (Read 3765 times)

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
Meeting Steve in the NW - Photos prove it! :-)
« on: October 17, 2008, 02:37:10 pm »
Here are the promised photos, if I did the posting correctly, Thank you Jan for the instructions> Yea!

Weldon, Mom me and Steve

I got to meet Moderator, Steve! (no knit hats involved even!) ;D

Take care,

Mary 8)
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

Kaybo

Re: Meeting Steve in the NW - Photos prove it! :-)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 02:42:08 pm »
LOVE it!!  How come everyone gets to meet someone but me????  Could it be that I live way out here in nowhere land??   ???

I think Steve kind of looks like the guy on M*A*S*H...was is BJ??  Dave would know...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 02:48:53 pm »
MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, you have SOOOOOO been missed, m'dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxxo

...and look at you all!!!!! You even snagged time with that West-Worst-KnitHatWearin'-GunSlingin' Mod, Steve!!!!!!!! :)

thrilled to see you all had a great time! The trip (from your other posts) sounds like you all truly enjoyed! I'm jealous!

thanks for sharing the pics!!!

(and kaybo.... chicago next summer... chicago next summer... chicago next summer.... :) )

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MaryBKAriz

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 02:54:56 pm »
Phyl and Kay

Hi Friends! It is SOOOOOOOOO good hearing from you, too.

Phyl, I really hope you are flourishing! You have helped me so much and I want nothing but good things for you!

Kay, Come to Phoenix, and we can meet. We almost met in Round Rock, maybe we met vicariously through Brushy Creek Elementary?

Lots hugs!

Mary
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".

MaryBKAriz

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 02:56:41 pm »
PS,

Some how when posting these photos, I noticed my question mark instead of our photo, so I tried to upload it again ala Jan's instructions for posting on the email. I think I messed something up. HOW do I post the photo on my profile????

NL

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 05:27:08 pm »
Mary,

Really nice photos! How great that you and your family got to meet and spend time with Steve! There is something very special about meeting other people from the forum.

Thanks so much for posting the pics!

(Kay - After your visit in Phoenix, it's just another day's drive to LA! David, Lainie and I are always "on call" for visiting forumites! :))

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 06:07:04 pm »
Sorry, Mary, I never was good at posting profile pictures, so I'll leave those instructions to someone else.  I think Phyl's one of the experts at that.

I'm glad the other photos worked out though.  They are really great. 

And, yes K, Steve does look a little like that guy from MASH.  At least IMO.
Like Phyl said, Chicago next summer.  I am SO looking forward to meeting everyone - you'd better be there  ;D

Nancy -  how far is it from San Diego to LA?  I'll be in San Diego in August - right before the Symposium - on business.  If I get some spare time and it's not too far to travel, maybe I'll visit with the CA forumites.  Will David still be in LA this summer?  I think he's been talking about moving to Long Beach. 

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cindyj

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 07:23:32 pm »
Great photos, Mary!  Thanks for posting them - I know that's tough to do - I still haven't figured it out.

So cool that you and Steve got to meet each other!  Phyl, we didn't take pictures when you were here!  Could you come back down here to see your family so I can get a picture?

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

MaryBKAriz

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 08:36:31 pm »
Here is one more picture. It is of my dogs with me at Cape Lookout, Oregon. You see me being very adventurous with the aid of my cane, "mcCain" (named by daughter's boyfriend's 3 year old when he asked what the cane was - I said "my cane" to which he asked "That's John McCain"! His mom is a died in the wool republican so she has him well trained at his young age. We all thought it was sooooo funny so the name stuck). :D
Mary

sgerrard

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 08:47:53 pm »
Those would be the poodles I allegedly captivated.  :D

Hi Mary, delighted to see you back on the forum. Thanks for the pictures, a nice reminder of a great visit. Please say hi to your mom and Weldon for me.

B. J. Hunnicut? Are you kidding me?  ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 09:14:10 pm »
No Steve, you're way better looking than that guy. And he doesn't knit hats.  :D
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 12:33:20 am »
Looks like you had fun.  8) Skamania Lodge is pretty neat.  I've had lunch there once.  Made a nice day trip out of Portland/Vancouver.  Poodles look like they were having fun on the Oregon Coast! 

Sue in Vancouver USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 07:00:05 am »
I have to say the most amazing part about this disease is the friends made through this forum. I have met so many genuine people over the years all because of this dang tumor that grew in my head.
How awesome!

Kate
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 07:08:39 am by Kate B »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

joebloggs

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 01:35:13 pm »
Cool photos Mary - It's nice to see pics of people that are full size and not their tiny little pics next to their posts! 

I'm not sure Steve looks like BJ from Mash, maybe a little if I'd had a few drinks first - he is a bit of a dish though!

JB (I am a girl by the way!)
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 01:56:22 pm »
BJ Hunnicut it is.

I think you look a lot like him, Steve - at least from Mary's pictures.

Cute dogs, Mary  ;D  Looks like you had a nice relaxing vacation - think I'm due for one myself soon.

And JB - I'm glad to hear you are a girl - not that I'm opposed to boys  ;) You made a comment on another thread (can't recall it exactly now) and I was a little confused by it - but now that I know you're female it makes sense.

Kate - you are SO right.  Couldn't have said it better myself.

Jan   
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways