Author Topic: MRI complete  (Read 1660 times)

tenai98

MRI complete
« on: November 28, 2008, 08:05:24 am »
Well the second MRI was done without the contrast and one can clearly see the tumor.  It looks like my booger has grown but will get the official results on Dec 10th...When I asked for a copy of the cd, they kinda looked at me weird...like why would I pay $84.00 for a cd? Could I just wait til I got the report from the doctor??  Like well,  NOOOOOOOOO...So I came home and took my own measurements and compared with first cd...so it does look bigger and measures bigger but the MRIs were taken on two different machine in two diff provinces...so now I have to sit tight and wait for Dec 10th.  As a driving instructor, I have tons of patiences til it comes to waiting for results like this...grrrrrrrr
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

RosemaryL

Re: MRI complete
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 08:13:06 am »
Jo:
Sorry to hear about booger growing.  Not much to do but wait.  Sigh.  Good luck.
Rosemary
1.5 cm right side AN removed by retrosigmoid approach, 12/1/98
Laligam Sekhar and Sanjay Prasad, George Washington Univ Hosp
deaf on right side, facial feeling and function fully recovered

wendysig

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 09:15:24 am »
Jo,
Sorry to hear it looks like your AN's grown.  I know it's hard to wait for the  official word on what's going on, but hopefully you'll be able to keep busy and keep your mind off it until the 10th.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 05:29:13 pm »
Jo:

I was sorry to learn of the possible growth of your AN.  I can only hope that your measurements were off, possibly due to the MRI scans being taken on 2 different machines as well as the usual 2mm margin of error in almost every MRI scan.  For what it's worth, in a case such as this, I usually adopt the attitude that until I have a definite confirmation of what would be unwelcome news, I refuse to assume the worst or allow myself to succumb to angst.  You'll know soon enough - and like everyone else, I hope the 'growth' is more apparent than real.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Pembo

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 08:50:25 am »
Sorry to hear about growth...but I'm confused, you had to pay for your cd??? I ask for mine at the appt and get it for free. Why can't all places be the same?!
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

tenai98

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 08:57:43 am »
Pembo, I'm in Canada...and yes i had to pay for it..... :-\
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 12:17:29 pm »
Joann,

I've never had to pay for my CDs.  I had MRIs done in two different cities here in Ontario.  Did you have the MRI done in a hospital or a clinic?  Mine were done in hospitals.  I got the written reports too.  I also got the CD and written report of the CT scan.

Anne Marie 
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

tenai98

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 12:37:05 pm »
It was done at the Ottawa General Hospital....$80.00 plus tax came to $84.00
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 03:51:50 pm »
YIKES!!!!  That is unbelievable.  I wonder if one of the federal politicians would have been charged? 

I'd be asking why in Toronto and Hamilton there is no charge but in Ottawa there is?

Hang in there Jo  :-*

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

mk

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 07:23:02 pm »
I also didn't have to pay for my CDs, and I had quite a few MRIs both in Kingston and in Toronto. The technician at the Kingston general Hospital told me that I would have to pay, but when I went to pick it up they didn't ask for money ... Go figure.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

calimama

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 06:32:34 am »
Hi Jo...

I was also a little shocked that you had to pay for your CD. No charge at Toronto General. Not sure what you can do though if you want the CD?!

Sorry if i missed this... but what were/are the measures?

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.