Author Topic: Non AN Related Treatment Good Thoughts Please  (Read 7187 times)

cindyj

Re: Non AN Related Treatment Good Thoughts Please
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 08:33:23 am »
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Soundy.  Please think positively...that new grandbaby is certainly something positive to focus on! 

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 01:15:55 pm »
Saralynn, what your tech said sounded like what mine said.  I have a lot of calcifications too, and the lady who looked over the images (also digital now) came and talked with me.  She said I had " a lot going on in there."  I had to do the 6 mo re-check also.  Some fun.

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Ellenmn

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 04:08:42 pm »
I'll say some prayers for you.
Hope everythings comes out ok.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 11:03:00 pm »
Got new grandbaby at 9:58 this morning ...ended up with an emergency C-section ...mom
and baby are both doing great...

6 lb 6 oz ...18 inches long and lots of dark hair like her daddy's was when he was born

Now just got to get my son  to and through surgery tomorrow ...

when I came home to pick up my youngest daughter who was gonna die if she didn't get to see the
baby today , I had a  letter from the radiologist and pathologist ... some small spots were calcium... larger
spot was labeled Precancerous polyp and will be watched for regrowth and may have to take
some drug that is suppose to retard cancer growth... but for now I don't have cancer... kinda a sitting
on the fence thing ...go back in 3 months and  if nothing shows up again six months later
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

sgerrard

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 11:25:28 pm »
Aw. Nothing like a sweet little new born to make life worth living all over again.

Good news for you too, Soundy. Pre-cancerous polyps is way better than the real thing.

Best wishes, Grandma, enjoy your new grand daughter.  :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

wendysig

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 12:27:51 am »
Hi Soundy,
Your granddaughter is beautiful -- congratulations!  Congratulations too on the news from your lumpectomy and biopsy.  As I said in my PM, I'm praying you get continued good news.  You are a very strong woman but you should let your family support you too.  You do seem to be pretty close to indestructible but I'm sure they'd be more than happy to support you too!

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

FAITH40

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 06:21:33 am »
SOUNDY,

GOODMORNING! ;) GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!  ;) LOOK AROUND YOU AT THE BLEESINGS HE IS GIVING! CONGRATS ON YOUR BEAUTIFUL GRANDBABY! WHAT A MIRACLE IN ITSELF! ;) WHEN ADVERSITY TRIES TO STEAL OUR JOY GOD ALWAYS TRUMPS IT!!!  ;D THANK GOD HE NEVER LEAVES US! HE KNOWS JUST WHAT WE NEED AT ALL TIMES AND HE WILL WORK ALL THINGS FOR OUR GOOD!

THE BIGGER THE TRIAL, THE BIGGER THE BLESSINGS! ;) JUST BE THE STRONG PERSON THAT YOU ARE AND ENDURE , BEING IN THE CENTER OF GODS WILL DON'T FEEL SO GOOD SOMETIMES, BUT THERE IS A REWARD! ;) I BELIEVE THAT HE STRETCHES US WAY BEYOND WHAT WE EVER IMAGINED WE COULD GO, AND HE  PLACES  US ON HIGHER GROUND!

" PICK UP YOUR CROSS AND FOLLOW ME"  WHEN HE SAID THAT HE DIDN'T SAY IT WOULD NOT BE A HARD BUMPY ROAD, BUT HE DID PROMISE TO BE RIGHT THERE!! YOU ARE GOING TO A NEW LEVEL!  ;)  EMBRACE IT! ;)

PRAYING FOR YOU!
TAMMI
2.8 CM AN NASHVILLE,TN. DR. REID THOMPSON AND DR. DAVID HAYNES REMOVED DEC. 4TH- 07 TRANSLAB - 16 1/2 HOUR SURGERY - STRETCHED FACIAL NERVE- FACIAL PARALYSIS (HEALING) 100% HEARING LOSS (AN SIDE)
4 DAY HOSPITAL STAY ! DOING GREAT!

Kaybo

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 08:09:12 am »
Soundy~
Glad you had a day of GOOD things and news!!  Precancerous is still a bit daunting, but so much better than the real thing!  Beautiful baby!
Still praying for you & yours - hope your son's surgery goes well today.

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

cindyj

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 10:18:20 am »
Awwww, how cute!  Congratulations on that grandbaby and the good news about the biopsy.  Hope all will go well for your son now.   

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 10:49:25 am »
Soundy,

You have had a rough go lately.  Your new granddaughter is so gorgeous.  Congratulations!!!!  Celebrate and enjoy.  What a great New Year for you so far!

Take care,
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 11:37:37 am »
Soundy, she's gorgeous!  And I'm so glad to hear you received good news from the biopsy.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

lori67

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 11:43:38 am »
Soundy,

Congratulations on your good doctor's report and your sweet little granddaughter!  Look at all that hair!!  She is beautiful!

Hope things go well for your son also!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 01:51:11 pm »
Congrats on the grandbaby...cute little bugger.. ;D and my thoughts are with you as you go through your other trials. My wife is on tamoxifen (sp?) which may be the drug you speak of. So far so good. She had the same kind of issues you've been going through...a few lumpectomies and multiple biopsies...ouch! I've never been so scared in my life! Sounds like you're in good hands though...watch it close and from all the research we did (and my wife has great/caring docs) the tamoxifen is worthwhile, or at least it is in my wifes case. Best of luck.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 02:44:05 pm »
Soundy,
Sending healing thoughts your way. Enjoy that new grandbaby...kiss,hug,squeeze.
You will get through this. Where does the strength come from.. deep inside. You are an example of strength to your family. We are here for you, whenever you need someone to whine to. Believe me I have done enough of that here.
Anyway just letting you know that I am routing for you!
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 10:26:25 pm »
Beautiful baby  ;D  Congratulations, Soundy.

Glad you had some good news on your tests.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways