Author Topic: Has any one gotten Fibro. After AN  (Read 3124 times)

deblyvers

Has any one gotten Fibro. After AN
« on: January 27, 2009, 07:24:56 pm »
I had AN surgery 20 yrs ago. Everyone knows what that is like. Still dealing with paralysis (only 10%), hearing loss, and many more issues after surgery. I have always dealt with all this with a positive attitude. Until 5 yrs ago. I felt so bad. Getting out of bed feeling like I've been beat.  Days and days feeling like I had the flu. My Dr. did so sooo many test. I finally was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, anxiety disorder, chronic fatigue, rheumatoid arthritis, and sleep apnea.......no wonder I am so depressed :( with all this stuff. The research on Fibro states that it could be caused from a trama, neck or head surgery. Seems like AN surgery could have caused most of my health conditions. I am 49 yrs old and feel like I am a lot older. WHERE ARE THE GOLDEN DAYS ??? I have to laugh or else I will cry. I should feel blessed because it could be a lot worse.

If any one has Fibro. after AN surgery please respond. We might just be on to something..........

Blessings
Deblyvers

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Has any one gotten Fibro. After AN
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 11:06:59 am »
My fibro was diagnosed several months after my father died in 1993.  My facial neuroma was diagnosed Sept 2006.  Now the  line "I have to keep smiling or else I will cry" is caption the underneath my picture.  I know where you are coming from and I too am 49 as of last Friday.

I know there are a few others here on the forum with fibro.  Take care of yourself and laugh when ever you can.  Speaking of crying.....I cried last night when I saw Benjamin Buttons.  A good cry has never hurt anyone that's for sure.

Anne Marie
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:43:44 pm by yardtick »
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:49:03 pm »
My FMS was diagnosed 9 yrs ago... my AN/Chiari discovered approx 3 yrs ago.  FMS diagnosis came as a secondary diagnosis after another major ailment was diagnosed at the same time.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Raydean

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 02:58:17 pm »
"I finally was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, anxiety disorder, chronic fatigue, rheumatoid arthritis, and sleep apnea......."

Just thought that I toss out there that some of the issues mentioned are thought to be auto immune disorders and that auto immune disorders seem to travel in pairs, or more.  meaning if you have one, such as RA or Fybro, that you're at a greater risk of having other auto immune disorders.  It's not so uncommon for a person to have 2 or more auto immune disorders.  I'm not a medical person in any way, but it was information that I researched because my daughter has some of the disorders that you list.  ( She does not have an AN)

Best to you
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 05:58:43 am »
I was diagnosed with fibro after my surgery.  I think it just wasn't diagnosed before then because there wasn't a lot out there about the disease.  It isn't fun and not many people understand what it is and why we feel like we do.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 06:52:57 pm »
It seems fibro is a woman's disease.  Doesn't the medical community realize women have enough issues to deal with!!  ??? 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 07:34:06 pm »
It seems fibro is a woman's disease.  Doesn't the medical community realize women have enough issues to deal with!!  ??? 

Anne Marie

they are not obviously fully understanding my PMS... but heck, that belongs in other website discussion :D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 10:59:16 pm »
I was diagnosed with Fibro about 13 years BEFORE my AN.  I think it "can" be a cause of fibro, b/c they mention surgery along with all the other symptoms or causes of fibro. 
It's not easy living with this......but I guess we have no other choice, right?
You just have to find the right meds, especially to help you sleep, and have less pain.  There's no cure, unfortunately.
I'd love to have a count of people on this site who have fibro.
Take care,
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

Mathilda

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 12:32:47 pm »
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2000. With Hashimoto disease (malfunctioning (read: not at all functioning) of my thyroid and also an auto-immune disease) in the same month that my AN was discovered, that is in 2006. It seems that there could be a connection, at least with some of us.
Diagnosed in 2006. Recent growth from 7 to 11mm.
Middle fossa surgery at House Ear Clinic on October 16th 2008.
With the results I hoped for: hearing saved; no facial problems.
Just wobbly headed; in need of patience ;)

JulieE

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 11:24:56 pm »
Hmmm,
I haven't got fibro, and sorry for all those that suffer, but Auto-immune is major on my mothers side.  Her sister died of Lupus at 34; her brother of ALS at 54; and she has RA.  I have suffered from allergies (which is auto-immune) in a major way, but they miraculously subsided just after surgery.  I also, on occasion, get hives so severe, as they were several weeks ago (like botox gone bad; and my wrist, arch of foot swells/ knee gets severe pain - like maybe a precursor to RA), that I have scheduled an apt. w/ a rhuemetologist in March.  Will pose question to him (my doctors must hate me), and keep you updated.
Jules

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 03:36:44 pm »
Interesting... auto immune issues here (positive anti-ANA, etc., sister with Lupus, etc).... going to continue to follow this discussion... and yes, very interesting that is the women here noting these issues.

Phyl

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 08:08:43 pm »
I got fibro diagnosis about a month before AN was diagnosed and the same week AN was
diagnosed I was also diagnosed with SLE lupus

I am an over achiever  ;D
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery