Author Topic: This Week (2/22) in the World of the Nefarious AN  (Read 4692 times)

LADavid

This Week (2/22) in the World of the Nefarious AN
« on: February 21, 2009, 08:38:08 pm »
This is odd.  Yet another slow week.  Did someone find a cure for the common AN and forget to tell us?  Or maybe there are just a lot of stealth surgeries.

Camille (cbp) is starting off the week on Monday with her three days of CK treatments at Barrow's in Phoenix.  Best wishes for much success.

Now on the calendar, it says Bernadette (Bern) is having an MRI.  Last I heard a month ago, she was tanning and speeding and celebrating a good MRI.  So I'm thinking that was posted sometime ago and not taken off -- unless you really enjoy the Tube-O-Gloom, Bern.  If you are having another one -- best wishes.

Then on Saturday (this is incredible) Patrick (Texsooner) is running the Houston Rodeo 10K.  Patrick, in case y'all didn't know, just ran a Half Marathon.  I'm still limping around from the Half that I ran in October.  Best wishes for a great run, Patrick.  What time are you shooting for?

And, since I'm sitting in the middle of this place, I thought I'd give my predictions
Picture - Slumdog Millionaire
Actor -- Sean Penn (but I think it should be Mickey Rourk)
Actress -- Kate Winslet
Supporting Actor -- Heath Ledger (this is a given)
Supporting Actress -- Penelope Cruz

And so that's it for this week.  Have a great one everyone.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

texsooner

Re: This Week (2/22) in the World of the Nefarious AN
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 05:02:06 pm »
Thanks David...you do a great job at informing everyone on the events within the AN community. Good luck to Camille on the CK and to Bernadette if she is doing the MRI thing.

I'm shooting to run the 10K in 58 minutes or under, which isn't all the fast(but would be good for me right now). This run actually goes over(and back) one of the very few hills in the Houston area, so that makes it a little tougher. I just hope it's not warm and humid that morning.

Can't argue with your Oscar picks, but some of us from this part of the country will be watching another event taking place in your state....the Nascar race!

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 11:41:33 pm »
Okay David, did you have an inside scoop?  Are you working for the accounts?  Were you in the audience or at a party?  Enquiring minds want to know!
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

LADavid

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 01:36:17 am »
Hey Anne Marie -- no inside stuff -- I just know the way they think around here.  And I won a prize at an Oscar party for getting the most picks right.  Of course the prize was two tickets to see a movie.  I can't stand watching a movie in a theater because of my hearing.  I need subtitles.  All movies are in French as far as I am concerned.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 08:29:05 am »
David~
If you didn't give them away - I'LL take the movie tickets!!   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

texsooner

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 08:38:29 am »
Great picks David...I need to take you with me to Las Vegas!!

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

GRACE1

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 09:46:16 am »
Five for five.  Way to go!!!  Good way to start off a week.

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 09:59:50 am »
sending out good luck wishes to everyone either having CK or running road races this week! :)  (I think Bern already had the MRI.... but, I'll use my dr's note on that and I say I can't remember :D )

As for your predictions, LA-Dood!  WOW!!!!!!  Spot on, as they say in England! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

LADavid

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 02:29:37 pm »
Hey Patrick -- the truth is that I would have rather been watching NASCAR than seeing a bunch of self-congratulatory show-biz types getting any more exposure than they already get.  But since I was at a party of show-biz types who don't get NASCAR, I didn't think my request to have another TV tuned to NASCAR would go over well.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 05:29:56 pm »
David:

I share your antipathy for over-praised Hollywood narcissists congratulating and giving each other prizes.   I didn't watch the Oscar broadcast and had only the slightest interest in who won.  I think it's a rigged game and I can't take anymore of those cringe-inducing acceptance speeches that include thanking long lists of people no one outside of the tight Hollywood circle ever heard of.  The 'political' commentary from some of these pampered millionaires who haven't lived in the real world for years is also tiresome. 

I read that Sean Penn, a fine actor but embarrassingly naive and eminently predictable when he tries to be 'serious' didn't disappoint and, inevitably, used his acceptance speech to scold those who don't think the way he does.  (aside to Mr. Penn) Sean, baby: pay attention, now: I don't care what you think.  I respect your Free Speech rights, but I would really appreciate it if you would just continue to be the good actor you are, make your millions, win your awards, give your time and money to any entity you think worthy of it and stop trying to convince the world that you have gravitas because you spout political bromides and want to be seen as 'concerned'.  I'm sure you are, but - surprise! - your concerns are not necessarily others concerns, so please, give it a rest - and tell your Hollywood buds to do the same.  When I want a political speech, I'll tune into C-SPAN, not the Academy Awards.  Thanks.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

LADavid

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 06:44:18 pm »
I agree, Jim.  Celebrity does not necessarily grant the ability of critical thought.  Unfortunately, many fans don't make that differentiation and they take what they say as well-thought out fact.  Which gives many of these celebrities what they believe an acceptable forum to express their views.  And equally unfortunate, no one is present to rebut their positions.  I believe if they have a view to express -- let them do it in their movies and shows -- where people can make a judgement call at the box office.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 02:32:51 am »
Hey, have you guys forgotten about Sacheen Littlefeather already?  ;D

I missed some of the first of the Awards show, but what I watched I enjoyed.  I thought they put on a fairly high class presentation and I enjoyed the music and the thank you's. I didn't think, were overly long or drawn out.  Most of the ladies looked elegant, and most of the gents looked handsome.  And the fine folk from India looked like they were having the time of their lives.  And Hugh Jackman is a cutie patootie, so that works for me! ;) :D

And by the way, hope the people on this week's calender all complete their appointed tasks in fine fettle.

Sue in Vancouver USA

I did see Vicky Cristina Barcelona recently, so I saw Penelope's performance.  And I saw Wall-E and The Dark Knight, but haven't seen any of the other movies mentioned, so couldn't really root for anybody.  More fun when you've at least seen some of the movies nominated.
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 04:48:39 pm »
I liked last week's word (hellacious) better than this week's word. 

Just what is "nefarious"?  Translation, Jim Scott, please  ;D

Good luck to all having "events" this week - hope everything turns out for the best.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 05:07:59 pm »
Just what is "nefarious"?  Translation, Jim Scott, please  ;D

Jan:

"nefarious" generally means bad   i.e.  shady, suspicious, untrustworthy.  "Humphrey Bogart played a lot of nefarious characters"

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 11:11:40 pm »
Got it, Jim.

Thanks  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways