Author Topic: AN Scarf, Journal, Forum Friends and Faith  (Read 2599 times)

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
AN Scarf, Journal, Forum Friends and Faith
« on: February 28, 2009, 06:24:33 pm »
What more could anyone need?  Or even ask for?  I'm pretty sure I've got the winning team on my side :).  I received the sacrament "anointing of the sick" after Mass.  Father Bill, our Pastor, allowed me to post some photos.  He also blessed the scarf and the journal!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Jwh

Re: AN Scarf, Journal, Forum Friends and Faith
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 06:49:39 pm »
Awesome!!

I also had the same sacrament performed before my surgery.  My uncle is a priest and came right to my home to do it!  Now you are truly blessed  :)

Jen
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)

lori67

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 07:37:36 pm »
I don't think you could ask for a more winning team than that!  And I'm sure the blessings will travel with the scarf to many others when you're done with it.

I was annointed also, the last time I was in the hospital.  When I was in Catholic school, it was called "Last Rites" - so when the hospital chaplain came in to ask me if I wanted to be annointed I just looked at him a little shocked and said "Why, do you know something I don't?".  He said they changed the name to "Annointing of the Sick".  Phew.... what a relief.   ::)

I know you'll be posting good news in no time!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

LADavid

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 08:16:38 pm »
Great pictures, Ernie.  Thanks for sharing them.  And now the scarf is blessed.  Please make sure to point that out in the journal.  Say, how many days is it now?  Almost time to Rock n Roll.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 08:44:57 pm »
I think that's great what you did--having the scarf and journal blessed, not just for your benefit, but for others after you.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 08:36:41 am »
I think that's great what you did--having the scarf and journal blessed, not just for your benefit, but for others after you.

Ernie - I totally agree with Syl (and all the others, of course).  Very good idea  8)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

suboo73

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 12:57:07 pm »
Ernie,  Hi!  I love the pics!  Thank you for sharing them with us.
Your title of this thread says it all:  AN Scarf, Journal, Forum Friends and Faith.

My thoughts and prayers are with you this week.
Keep us posted on your progress!

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 03:12:18 pm »
Ernie ~

Let me add my appreciation for your thoughtfulness in posting the photos of you receiving the sacrament and also for letting us know that you had the Magic Scarf and the journal blessed.  Well done.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sgerrard

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 06:06:37 pm »
I think we can safely extend the blessing of the Magic Scarf to a virtual blessing of the Virtual Magic Scarf as well. Nice touch, Ernie.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

catlover

• 13 days post-op. I still have my smile!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 06:43:49 pm »
Hi Ernie,
How great that the journal and the scarf are blessed! I believe all persons that wear the scarf will be blessed and their surgeries will go on excellent! Good luck and I hope I see you in postie-land soon. I also hope I'll be fine in postie-land. I'm still waiting for a date for surgery.

Hugs from Helene in Sweden
AN found in February, 2006, size 0,8 cm
Surgery 20th May, 2009, retrosigmoid approach
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Two AN:s found 1st March, 2016
Waiting for GK