Author Topic: update on that half  (Read 4058 times)

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: update on that half
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 02:22:22 pm »
Hey Keri,
Congratulations!  I'm also a half-veteran; ran mine about 8 years ago here in Cleveland.  It was in November and they served hot buttered pierogies at the finish.  Really, I"m not kidding.
Way to go!!
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Kim Zingale

• My AN Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 04:03:52 pm »
Hey Keri,

It was great to see you on Saturday! I'm also quite impressed that you were able to run 13 miles so soon after surgery :) But you looked great afterward! Did you end up sleeping the rest of the day? I was tired just from getting up early and standing around cheering. See you later,

Kim
Retrosigmoid surgery Feb. 9, 2009 at Johns Hopkins with Drs. Tamargo and Carey.
http://adventureswithmanny.blogspot.com

Keri

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 08:32:27 pm »
hi again,

to those of you who need inspiration to run by chasing a keg.... at the half marathon last saturday, they served free beer about mile 9! (well, not the official race people!). at another fall marathon i did, they had some at mile 20 or so (i would have had some but then would have never finished - or i think i would have thrown up or something).

at the race saturday, you could stand in line at the finish and get a little plastic glass of miller light (is that beer)?!!

kim, i was tired, but i think more from the alarm going off at 4:50am YUCK! but then around mid morning, i realized, 'gee i don't have to go plan a run today' (usually i put it off all day long while intending to get out in the morning...) it was good to see you there and meet your husband. how did your marathon friend do?

thanks everyone!
keri

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 10:14:33 am »
Congrats...awesome achievement! I've thought about running but I'm having too much fun in the water.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org