Author Topic: Suprise!  (Read 8312 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Suprise!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 03:15:41 pm »
NICE HAT, Pooter  ;D

Looking good!

Hope the rain stay aways from your camping weekend.  Every time I've camped I've had to deal with rain - must be that little black cloud that keeps following me around  ;)

K -

I offered to pay Steve for my hat too.  If not the yarn, and labor, than at least the postage.  He wouldn't hear of it - just suggested I buy him a drink at the symposium.  When I get a chance, I plan to make a donation to the ANA in his honor.  (Don't worry, Steve, I'll still buy you the drink)

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 03:34:32 pm »
Brian:

Nice hat, sailor!  :)

Unfortunately, I look terrible in a hat of any kind - and absolutely ridiculous in a knit hat.  My wife has made this abundantly clear to me, many times, breaking out in loud laughter whenever I've worn even a baseball cap.  She tells me that "I just don't have the face for a hat".  Remember, this lady loves me and we've been married for almost 39 years.  Well, after seeing photos of myself in caps, I agree.  Thus, I haven't requested one of Steve's creatively knitted chapeaus for that reason, since he has so many requests from folks who look good in and can really appreciate his handiwork....like you.  :) 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lori67

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 03:44:54 pm »
Brian -

Looking good!   ;D  I'm sure the hat will come in handy for your camping trip this weekend!

Jim, maybe Steve can make you a scarf.  Or earmuffs?  Maybe socks?

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 03:46:29 pm »
Hmmm, socks.  Now there's a thought.

Steve's Original Hats and Socks.

I like the sound of it  ;)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 04:45:31 pm »
Brian,
Congrats on the hat!  I hope your camping trip is great!

Steve is just amazing!!!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 06:54:14 pm »
.  First, it's Navy Blue,

After looking at the picture again, I look like quite the mountain man in it.. 

AAAAARRRRRRR Ye scurvey Son of a Bilge Rat Ye! No mountain man ye! A fine swabbie ye be in a fine watch cap!  Which part of Navy blue don't ye get--the Navy part? Which watch do ye want, 2 bells or 4 bells or 6 bells or 8 bells? AAARRRR!! I always liked the dog watch cuz I got to watch the sun come up over the ocean whilst at the helm, AAARRRRR.  A bit chilly then even in the tropics so thet fine watch cap will come in handy aboard the PBW on her next voyage.  Stock up on the beans, Pooter! Off we go!!

Yer Dear Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

sgerrard

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 09:04:01 pm »
First, it's Navy Blue.

KnitPicks calls it Admiral.  ;D

I think it looks darker in ordinary light than it is in this picture.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

NL

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 10:07:09 pm »
Hey Nancy,

Steve has... noted in his "sig line"

My Knit Hats are here: http://stevegerrard.home.comcast.net/Hats

Phyl

Hey Phyl,

Thanks for pointing that out - I completely missed the new addition to his sig line!

Steve - Great knitted hat homepage - complete with directions AND a photo gallery!  ;D
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Dog Lover

• My little Sammie Roo.
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 10:20:30 pm »
OK, so how do you get on the "knit list"?  ;D
Pink is my color!!

Cathy
Cathy
9mm x 3mm Left Side AN
Mid Fossa Aug. 21, 2008
Dr. Gantz / Dr. Woodson
Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
No facial issues, hearing saved, I keep active and feel back to normal.

sgerrard

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 11:10:17 pm »
OK, so how do you get on the "knit list"?  ;D
Pink is my color!!

That works. The line is getting longish, though. I hesitate to say this to an AN patient, but you'll have to be patient.   ;)

Steve

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 08:57:24 am »
Hey Steve,

I have learned a lot about patience in the past 6 months, so sign me up for cranberry. I know there are lots of well deserving people ahead of me.  I'm good for the wait!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 10:24:51 am »
Well, I'm happy to report that I didn't get trampled over the weekend and didn't fall off the horse.  I made it through like a champ.  My daughter, who never ceases to amaze me, did something called the "Screamer" (among many other things).  If you can imagine being harnessed in and attached to a 50 foot rope, then hoisted to the side (still attached to the rope at the top) and then you let go when you're ready to swing; like a big pendulum.  She held on and swung from 50 feet!  Not one, but twice!  And, then, she swung for part of the time with no hands holding on the the rope to which she was attached!  She did a great job!

My feat was hoseback riding for the first time since surgery.  Here, you can see a photo that I snapped just before getting on the horse.  Some of you have asked for a close-up photo to show my progress.  Well, here it is..

It was a busy, but fun weekend..  We shot .22 rifles, bow and arrow, made homemade candles, crafts, the screamer, and horses..  All on Saturday!  Somewhere we fit in breakfast, lunch and dinner in between those things..

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 11:25:33 am »
Brian -

sounds like a really fun weekend.  Sign me up!  But please delete my name from the horse list - I had a bad incident as a child and refuse to get on one since then.  I think I'll pass on the screamer also  ;)

Glad you and your daughter had a great time.  It's so nice to hear of life after an AN  ;D

Jan

PS - did I notice Syl sporting a Steve original in her latest profile picture?

Dog Lover

• My little Sammie Roo.
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 09:34:15 pm »
That works. The line is getting longish, though. I hesitate to say this to an AN patient, but you'll have to be patient.

Well, until then...I'll just "visualize".  LOL... ;)

Cathy
Cathy
9mm x 3mm Left Side AN
Mid Fossa Aug. 21, 2008
Dr. Gantz / Dr. Woodson
Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
No facial issues, hearing saved, I keep active and feel back to normal.

sgerrard

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2009, 10:47:49 pm »
Whoa!   :o

I did a sputtering double take on that. "but..but...I never knit a hat that color...did she knit that?"

Great "visualization" !  :D

Steve