Author Topic: Superficial question, sorry!  (Read 3963 times)

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Re: Superficial question, sorry!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 12:06:02 am »
Lupy:

I also gave this issue much thought. I was worried about how my head would look after surgery. I bought a couple of head scarves in case my bald spot showed. Because I have alot of hair and it was shoulder length, I didn't have to wear the scarves. I couldn't wear my hair up for a while, but otherwise I worried more than was necessary. Just a few days ago I cut my hair so that the new growth matches the rest of my hair.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 08:10:18 am »
Hi,

I have to throw my two cents in.
I also have long. I didn’t want to cut it and I was told when you get there to tell them to be conservative about cutting. They obviously cut the area behind my ear, but the rest of the hair covers everything completely now. Just wear your pony tail to the one side till the rest grows out.
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 03:18:05 pm »
I got a diagonal forward (short in the back and long in the front). A long short hair cut - looked super and is growing put well! It was hard for people to tell I had part of my head shaved,it was thinner on one side but looked fine.
Michelle
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.