Author Topic: oh.... JAN!!!!!!! Oh, leapyrtwin JAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and anyone else....)  (Read 2888 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Um... Jan... now, folks say that I am on the forums, posting away, FAR too much.... now, we know that is NOT the truth since.....

You just posted over....

5000 posts!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! Thank you for ALL you have shared (even ALL the mischief) in over 5000 posts!  All of your contributions, advise, friendship and love! Truly! Thank you!

xoxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

WHOO Jan!!  Way to go girl!!

Love Ya!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Jan ~

Allow me to add my congratulations for reaching 5,000 posts.  Good job!  I'm not usually a post-count watcher but I know that number is indicative of your commitment to the website and, especially, the forums, which are becoming more active every month.  Folks like you, Jan, are a large part of that activity and interest.  I value all of our posters but I have to state that as a forum member of less than 2 full years, your contributions have been enormous and are deeply appreciated by all of us, especially the moderators.   Of course, now, I feel like a posting slacker.  ;)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

LisaP

Wow Jan

I think I have  reached 100 

Congrats......

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

LADavid

I, of course, pointed this out to Jan.  But I thought I'd mention this here.  Do you, Phyl and Jan, realize that you've accounted for 10% of all posts?  Just thought I'd mention it.  Thanks for your wisdom and input.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Kathy M

• Kathy
I am grateful for all of the posters who have helped me so much!!!  5000 - wow!

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!

anissa

• My Journey
Way to go JAN!   ;D
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
So they oughtta have a "Superhero Member" status for 5000 posts!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Thanks for the recognition and the very kind words, guys.  Which incidentally isn't why I continue to post on the forum; but I think you all know that.

I hope that at least 50% of my posts are helpful to others - and if the other 50% bring a smile to someone's face or a chuckle to their lips, so much the better.

Based on David's observations, I think Phyl and I will now take a long, well-deserved vacation.  Ernie said something about buying us both tickets to Florida, Phyl.  Think we should take him up on that very generous offer?  ;)

Jan

Oh, forgot to say, nice profile picture Kathy  ;D

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

suboo73

I, of course, pointed this out to Jan.  But I thought I'd mention this here.  Do you, Phyl and Jan, realize that you've accounted for 10% of all posts?  Just thought I'd mention it.  Thanks for your wisdom and input.

WE lOVE 'YOU GUYS!'
WOW Jan!
And thanks to Steve, David, Jim Phyl and all the others who help us thru these times.

Sincerley,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
I think Phyl and I will now take a long, well-deserved vacation.  Ernie said something about buying us both tickets to Florida, Phyl.  Think we should take him up on that very generous offer?  ;)

Hmm, I did a forum search, and can find no such reference.  Oh well, guess it must have been a dream or something :).

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

lori67

Ernie,

I think it was right after you emptied out the kegerator!   :D

And I remember you mentioned my coming along to keep Jan and Phyl from talking too much!   ;D

Congrats to you Jan!  You are now officially the "chatty" one!   ;)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Woo Woo!  Congratulations on 5000 posts!  At least 1000 of those were to me.  I appreciate every one of them.

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager