Author Topic: Pictures of the new Baha Ponto system by Oticon Check it out !  (Read 5464 times)

mikjul1

• Baha blog.

http://www.baha-users-support.com/ponto.php     Here are some pics. of the new Baha by Oticon Corp.Check it out !     Ponto System  is what they are called. [/b]   

http://www.oticonmedical.com/oticon_medical/com/Technology/TheTechnology/index   plus here is the company explaining it
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Pictures of the new Baha Ponto system by Oticon Check it out !
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 09:04:40 am »
Thanks for the links, Mike.

This is very interesting information and I was especially surprised to see the shape of the Ponto.  For some reason, I guess I figured all devices would be rectangular - probably because that's what I'm used to with the Divino.

Wonder how much the Ponto is going to sell for - although I really can't afford to just dispose of my one-year old Divino  ::)

I'm anxious to see what users think of the Ponto and how they think it compares to the Divino and the Intenso.  So, please keep us posted.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

raj_06

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 10:06:39 am »
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the link..its good to know that new and improved products are coming to help us out with our hearing problems..I haven't thought about BAHA yet, but I am sure I will be allured to have one if such things like this keep on coming..keep posting..

-Raj
"After all these ordeals, I still say all is well":)

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 11:06:42 am »
Jan, the shape is to match the ear curve .

sgerrard

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 11:52:15 am »
Okay, now I have Ponto envy.  ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 12:15:14 pm »
Me too and I do not even have my divino yet.  ;D but that is ok at least I will be able to hear in July maybe next sound processor.

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 12:31:41 pm »
I guess that because of its sound processing qualities there is a possibility that it will offer better sound quality for those who have cochlears (inner ears) that are not functioning at a normal level.

I really don't know any more than that I'm afraid, Mike.

The volume control is on the convex side of the unit. Otherwise, apart from the shape there isn't any "real" difference to the Baha units.

The button on the outside face is pushed to change your mic settings, 1 push wide 2nd push directional 3rd push accesory

Lyn
This is what she wrote about it she got to demo it.

My audiologist hinted at this last time I was with her a month or so ago it will make Cochlea improve there products so its a double benefit .  Barry A   wrote.

As for the cost Jan, I will find out by the Distract Manager of Oticon                                     

Mike Corso
                                                                                                           ;D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 12:35:10 pm by mikjul1 »

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 03:19:30 pm »
You know Mike, I was wondering if this new processor that Cochlear let Oticon beat them to might spur Cochlear to get on the "new and improved wagon" themselves  ;)

It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out.  Don't get me wrong, I love my Divino and have no intention of switching to the Ponto at this point in time.  My Divino does an amazing job for me and I'm not in the market for something new just yet; even if my budget would allow it.

I think it's great though that BAHA patients will now have more choices.  I also think that the competitiveness between Oticon and Cochlear will only benefit BAHA patients in the end.  So, when I am ready and able to afford something newer than my Divino, there should be a lot of wonderful options - and new and improved models - out there.

This is an exciting time in the BAHA world, and IMO, it's only going to get better  ;D

Jan

Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 03:38:40 pm »
 ;D  ;)

grega

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 07:36:36 am »
Hi Mike et al,

Thanks for the links.  Last week I saw your reference to Oticon baha.  So last Friday, when I returned Intenso to ent doc, I askd about the new one.  Audiologist said she had attended a conference in April and had heard about it, but did not have anything more.  I plan to wait till fall for baha surgery cause of too many summer activities.  8)   Perhaps by that time, Oticon will be available in an over-the-counter test model.  If I'm able to try it, I'll report.

Stay well! 
Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 08:31:09 pm »
Greg -

if you do get to try it, it will be great to see what you think of it.

You may have the dilemma of having to decide between a Cochlear device and an Oticon device.

Jan

Kaybo

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 08:36:09 pm »
I am wondering if both will be at the Symposium to try out...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 09:07:14 pm »
Good point, Kay.

I thought Cochlear would be an exhibitor at the symposium for sure, but my latest issue of Notes just says that Ear Technology Corporation/TransEar and Stryker are exhibiting.

But there is a small asterisk that says "Sponsors as of publication date" so perhaps the same goes for exhibitors  ???

We'll have to ask Phyl or someone at the ANA about this.

Jan   

Kaybo

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 09:09:58 pm »
I was expecting to at least get to try the demo of the BAHA - I will be VERY disappointed if they are not there! :(

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 09:19:38 pm »
Yea, it seems like it would be a given.

If they don't show up, I can always talk my doc into letting you try his BAHA demo. 

I doubt he carries it with him  ;)  but his office isn't too far from The Drake.  Just a pleasant ride through suburbia.

I'll contact Judy V and ask what the story is.  I'll also put in a mention of Oticon and the Ponto.  Maybe a few of us will get to try something new  ;D

Jan