Author Topic: 2 years ago...  (Read 1607 times)

robynabc

2 years ago...
« on: June 27, 2009, 12:27:01 pm »
my son had a 13 hour surgery and it was the hardest day of my whole life.  Today he is working, going to school and we are grateful for that.  He has troubles sometimes but he has always faced everything given to him with such enthusiasm and never backed away from a fight.  Eric had a 4.5 + tumor and should have had many more effects than he did.  It can and does happen that you have this condition but you do what you have to do and get on with your life.   And that is what is it all about.  It does not have to be the focal point for everything you do.  You move on with a new knowlege and understanding and compassion.  I want to once again thank everyone here for all the support and help.  I think of you guys often and I am glad that I met you all. You are some of the sweetest greatest people around.   You all inspire me everyday.

Peace and love,

Robyn
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 09:51:51 pm by robynabc »
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 2 years ago...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 03:03:31 pm »
Thank you, Robyn for your very kind words and the astute observations regarding the AN experience. 

I'm so pleased to learn that Eric is doing so well.  My prayers for continued healing and a bright future for you both.  God bless you.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

chelsmom

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 11:28:58 am »
Hi Robyn,

I am so glad to hear that you are all doing so well, especially Eric.  It's amazing how these young ones have such strong and positive attitudes which help to get them back on there feet and face life head on.  We were thinking of Eric the other night when Chelsea stubbed her toe and started coughing/choking.  We laughed about them both having this weird reaction that is some how connected to their nerves.  Humor sure is a great medicine.  Give Eric a hug for us.

Have a great day,
Michelle

robynabc

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 03:48:48 pm »
Thanks for your kind words Jim and Michelle. And once again Eric will be glad to know he is not the only one with these weird reactions.  Even though we wish Chelsea didn't have to go through it too.  You guys know I adore you.

Robyn
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.