Author Topic: The Countdown is on, surgery nxt wk  (Read 9398 times)

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
The Countdown is on, surgery nxt wk
« on: January 06, 2010, 03:41:10 pm »
HI All,
  Most of you on here don't know me, as I stopped frequenting the site quite a while back. When diagnosed with tumor #2 I came running back for answers and have been popping on here from time to time, but not like I was when I first became a member.

Anyhow,  the last week before surgery is counting down.  All set for next Wed jan 13th.  As Laz put it, Time for this "Scoundrel" to be destroyed once and for all .  SO busy this week putting "ducks in rows"
  for those of you who know me, I set up a site   www.caringbridge.org/visit/pattideden

see ya on the other side..........again

patti ut   aka yotee
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: The Countdown is on, surgery nxt wk
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 03:51:30 pm »
oh, we got YOUR number, Yootee!  ;)  :-*  :-*  :-*

Folks, for those of you that don't know Patty, she's been hanging around these parts for quite a long time, has helped cheer me on as needed, a member of the PBW crew (info can be found in the "Good Morning" thread here in AN Community forum. Read the first 6 pages for backround)... and most of all, a sweet lady. She sends "splenda" (snow) east from UT (just blame her) and yes, been a bumpy time for her.

so, for the crew of the PBW, time to put our pirate socks on for good luck (pirate socks have been donned far before the wonderful "magic scarf" now in place)...

and for those of you just getting to know Yootee..... she really is a sweetie.

(ok, Patty, I'll take the check now... $10 ought to do it! ;) :) )

Got the carebridge page and will be following along. Hang tough, m'dear..... you rawked it last time... you'll do so again.

xoxoox
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 04:04:50 pm »
Patty,

I haven't been around as long as you have... Heck, I just became a member of the PBW a little while back.  But, I will be right along with the rest of the Crew of the PBW with following along and cheering you on through this 2nd time around.  If need be, I'll toss ya the thinghy dinghy that I picked up somewhere along the way.  ;)

As Phyl said, you rawked it the first time and we expect nothing less this time...

Regards,

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

lori67

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 04:17:34 pm »
Patty,

I know you'll show this scoundrel who's boss!   >:(

You've got a lot of people cheering you on and praying for a great outcome!

Lots of hugs from your AN Family!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 04:29:22 pm »
Patti ~

I've been around these forums long enough to remember you.  You were and remain a valuable member.  You'll be in my prayers and those of many others as you approach your upcoming second surgery date (1/13).  I'm sure you'll do fine - and 'this time, it's for keeps!'  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 05:32:38 pm »
Gee thanks gang,  as fer them pirate socks,  I still got lots of em, and plan on wearing them  into the OR.  Do you think they will mind if I wear some of the other pirate atire too..  the eye patch??

Phyl,  $10,  hey I got off cheap,  I still owe you the $100.00 per hour I promised everyone when I kinda signed off long ago, you know, to pay you all for the hours and hours of therapy on this here site.  8)

I read about the magic scarf,  especially from the newbies on the site I've met that live here locally (Tammy in SLC had it last)
and I've seen the Steve hats, but what are the Thingy Dingy's  Brian.........??????????  something like Batty's ole feather duster??

Well, time to knck the scoundrel outa there
and man, these Ducks are hard to get lined up in rows

HUGS
Patti ut     yotee to some of ya,  yodelayhehoo to Laz

rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 07:29:38 am »
Patti,

I am so sorry you're going through this a second round.  However, I am sure that this time they will get rid of that pesky "scoundrel" once and for all!  Best of luck and I will follow you on your caringbridge page.

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 01:04:37 pm »
Ah, Patti, your posts and inspiration helped me too much to recall all of the ways.  I'm putt'in on my pirate sox for you and won't take em off til there's great news...................I have enough of them to layer. Do we call second timers post posties?  Prayers and positive thoughts are coming at you.
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 01:14:33 pm »
Patti,

The "thinghy dinghy" was a gentle reference to the "Good Morning" thread where at one point Laz referred to Phyl's "thinghy dinghy" and at another where I stole it from Phyl and jumped overboard with it..  :)  I still have it.. want it? 

Regards,
Brian
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 01:32:18 pm »
Patti,

The "thinghy dinghy" was a gentle reference to the "Good Morning" thread where at one point Laz referred to Phyl's "thinghy dinghy" and at another where I stole it from Phyl and jumped overboard with it..  :)  I still have it.. want it? 

Regards,
Brian

*runs in, steals back own thingy-dinghy, blows kiss to YooTee, runs back out!*  ;D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 02:04:19 pm »
Glad to meet you!! I am sorry it had to be under this situation, but you know what a great place this is for support...you'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you vanquish this pesky varmit! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 02:44:23 pm »
*runs in, steals back own thingy-dinghy, blows kiss to YooTee, runs back out!*  ;D

HEY!  Give that back!  It was a present for yotee!  :)

Brian

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 09:13:27 pm »
I will be rubbing my prayer rock that lives in my pocket and thinking of you ...hope second times a charm ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 09:14:23 pm »
Good luck, Patti.

Any friend of Phyl's is a friend of ours!

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 09:31:28 pm »
Brendalu....Isn't Post Posties a cereal???????   LOL

MUST HAVE THINGY DINGY
yotee........oh btw,  got that nickname from Cap'n Deb 'bout 200 pages ago on the GM thread