Author Topic: GenTeal eye gel  (Read 10176 times)

PSK

GenTeal eye gel
« on: June 27, 2005, 12:27:43 pm »
Hello,

Does anyone know of a source for GenTeal's severe dry eye gel ?  I've exhausted all my sources  locally .  It is the best thing for night and doesn't leave you with a film over your eye in the morning.

Thanks,
PSK

wanderer

Re: GenTeal eye gel
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 11:44:52 am »
if you are having trouble locating it, you may want to try lacrilube.  It works quite well.

Walmart always seemed to carry everything I needed.

But if try talking to a local pharmacist about stocking what you need.   Often smaller ones are more than happy to stock what their customers want.

Terri

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 11:04:40 pm »
I did a search on Google and thought I found several sources for GenTeal eye gel. Unfortunately, each of the stores said it was out of stock. I wonder if the manufacturer is discontinuing it or is having production problems? I have used Lacrilube at night since surgery, but it does leave a film in my eye which is difficult to get rid of, even well into the next day.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 02:34:51 pm by Terri »
2.2cm AN
Translab 9/30/03
Mark Ercius & Michael Fucci

DeniseSmith

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 02:08:10 pm »
i use lacrilube and to remove the film from my eye every morning, i put eye drops on the end of a cotton swab and gently wipe my eye, my eye doctor recommended this and it works.  It also feels good, but be sure you dowse the swab liberally, so you don't scratch your eye. 
Denise

luv2teachsped

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 07:27:02 pm »
Hi everyone- I use the lacrilube during the night and the lubricant at night.  I do the same and flush my eye out in the morning with la lot of drops.  I had a pharmacist call the manufacture of the GenTeal Gel, and he was told they are no longer manufacturing it.  He said unless I could find someone who already had plenty of stock, I was out of luck! luv2teachsped
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

Terri

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 12:37:13 pm »
I just found Genteal Eye Gel listed as "in stock" at www.cvs.com. I placed an order for it, and the order successfully completed.
2.2cm AN
Translab 9/30/03
Mark Ercius & Michael Fucci

luv2teachsped

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 08:19:07 pm »
Thanks Terri, I  will do the same! :Dluv2teachsped
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

wanderer

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 11:16:25 pm »
My walmart store is totally stocked on genteal.   

If you haven't been able to find it elsewhere maybe we could figure out a way to get it to you.

LaMar

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 08:54:53 am »
I am assuming that you guys are using this because you lost the ability to blink due to the surgery.  I have surgery on 5dec05 and the doctors have informed me that they feel that i will be effected in this way - as well as no face scrunching, unable to smile, and tingling on the right side.  What should i really expect?

LaMar
LaMar Resch
US Army
3.5cm tumor in right side
Removed 5 Dec 2005 @ MUSC by
Dr. Lambert

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 09:16:37 am »
Its because we (I) don't have any tears on my AN side .. its doesn't sound like a big deal, but trust me it is !!! the eye problems are the worst part !!!!... could have long lastly eye problems if it is not wet enough (dries out). I found once the balance issue are gone (I'm 3 months post op now) .. I much prefer the Laci-Lube every morning and night .. it gets me thought a days work (I'm working in an office) without drops every 2 hours ..but I never leave the house without drops with me.....

Joe
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

LaMar

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 09:20:39 am »
I feel like it would be a bad thing...are you able to blink at all or is it that you can just not produce tears?
LaMar Resch
US Army
3.5cm tumor in right side
Removed 5 Dec 2005 @ MUSC by
Dr. Lambert

wanderer

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 10:03:48 am »
I am past needing drops as my facial paralysis when away after about 6 weeks.      Everyone's experience is somewhat different.   If they damaged your facial nerve and they do not expect recovery of it then you really do need to concentrate on your eyes and your mouth (teeth)

I was lucky in that my condition was temporary.  I lost the ability to blink,   I also could not keep my eye closed at night.  I used Refresh eye drops and Lacrilub at night and taped my eye shut with the bandaid type patches.   You must protect your eye when sleeping if it won't close.      If you don't it could lead to clouded vision or even blindness.

It was the worst part of my recovery but it was manageable.

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 10:37:25 am »
like wanderer said, everyone is different ... I dont seem to blink (on its own) .. but I can close my eye at night, its not tight like the other eye, but its good enough !!! its just to dry ...
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Pembo

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 10:47:58 am »
My surgery was 17 months ago and my eye still does not blink or tear. I use Lacrilube day and night. I've found that my eyes have adjusted to the blurriness. My only difficulty is close up work, like sewing or cross stitch. I can live with the blurriness but using drops twice an hour is just too much of a pain.

Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2005, 10:51:04 am »
I have the gold wieght in my eye lid to help me blink and close my eye at night. I still do not blink a complete blink though. I agree that the eye problem is the worst thing I deal with now.
My news on the Genteal eye gel.......I finally found it at my local Osco Drug store. I think I am going to like it better for daytime use but will stick with Lacrilube at bedtime.
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.