Author Topic: Capt Deb gets her day in court  (Read 6272 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Capt Deb gets her day in court
« on: March 20, 2007, 08:53:45 pm »
Hey all you AN survivors, especially those who have applied for disability. I get my day in court tomorrow bright and early--after a 20 hour brainwreck migraine that started in the lawyers office at 3 PM yesterday and ended at 9 AM this morning. Accompanied by the double pneumomia I brought back from Florida (but probably had there all the time since I felt totally crappy the whole time i was there. Cough, cough oww oww puke, Coff Coff oww oww puke puke all night long. Now I'm ready for the suits and black robe to see how wonderful my life is and how anxious I am to get back to working full time, ecxept for the gawdawful 5-6 times a week headaches, balance issues, depression issues, that rule my life!

They say there is a year wait for a decision and another year wait for the check here in North Carolina. What in the blazes is wrong with this danged government? "We ain't got no money fer your disabled people at this time.Go find something else to do" Is what my lawer says.

Anyway, some prayers and good thoughts are needed at this time. I'm seriously considering wearing my full pirate regalia and getting a psych disability!

Capt Deb 8)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:04:44 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Static

Re: Capt Deb gets her day in court
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 09:27:18 pm »
You'd prolly stand a better chance at getting that psych disability.  Seems the government recognizes those who are sick in their mind but not in their bodies :/  Good luck tomorrow, I hope things work out for you!
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

er

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 10:22:32 pm »
Hi Captain Deb,

Good luck! I hope they understand and want to help but I do hear that you have to mentally off for them to help you.  My prayers are with you. Let us know about your results.
er

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 12:56:04 am »
Ahoy Capt Deb;

If I were there, I'd blast them blokes with both barrels across the bow.  They'd best be not messin' with our fine Captain, who suffers mightily from demons in her noggin and isn't up fer workin' 9 to 5 like that wench Dolly Parton. It'd be best if our fine Captain had time to rest in her quarters when the mood strikes, and fer working on her fine arts when she's feeling all able bodied and such as that.  As fer that nasty p-monia that has laid out our fine Captain in the sick bay, I be thinkin' she be needin' some devil rum to flush them nasty little germy things right out of her pain-wracked body. She be our fine Captain and we be needin' her to get our ship back into shape and she can't do that if'in she be down with the plague, headachy and all germy. And if'in them there suited up ladies and gents don't help our fine Captain, then a pox on all of them! 

Socks on, Pirateers, socks on.

Wench Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

tony

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 01:13:34 am »
Good luck with the legal system
I dont pretend to understand it
but it sounds like a long haul
(one question, given the state of my eye, I might have to wear a patch
- does that make me an honarary pirate ? - a or member ?
or just in breach of copyright ?)
Given your legal situation I dont want be on the wrong end of a suit
(or a broadside..)
Best regards
Tony

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 03:31:56 am »
You all crack me up you really do!
AAAAAAAAAAAARRR back atcha Barnacle Brucifer!
It's 5 AM and I keep wakin up me bunkmate who's gotta do the navigatin off the mountain at zero dark-thirty, so's Ill let him get thirty winks. I keep coughin' whilst layin down, so I'm up here on the ship's 'puter.
Thanks for any well wishes from all the crew of the sailin vessel, The Good Ship Princess Batty Wench!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 05:51:00 am »
All crew members are on board, up on deck and manning the guns... we are ready to shoot on command, aimed towards the judge's bench, if need be.

The cursed, Cruise Director, reporting for duty, Ma'am!

(good luck Deb!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-* )
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Obita

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 06:22:48 am »
Good luck dear Captain - sending some Luck 'O the Irish your way..... ;D

KO
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 06:42:43 am »
Good Luck, Dear Capt!
Got my pirate socks on!  Get the pneumonia shot, I can't believe your doctors didn't tell you to get it as soon after your surgery as possible.  This is the first year I haven't had it in seven years.  Seemed good.  Now if they could figure out a shot for the headaches and balance we would be all set.  Plus an instant cure for depression.  You're right, I want it all.  GOOD LUCK!!!
Hugs,
Brendalu Wench
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 08:04:42 am »
Capt,
  Good luck dealing with the real pirates of our society, the lawyers and such.  I'll lay in a few extra barrels of grog for the commiseration/celebration.
REgards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 08:36:41 pm »
Pear Wench here with cannons loaded Captain- ready to fire survy laywers and magistrates as needed.  (Okay, I have to practice pirate speak)ARRHHH... God Bless Yeh, Captain Deb... Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Obita

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 06:52:14 am »
How did it go Captain????
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 07:34:35 am »
I spoke to Deb yesterday... she is still feeling a bit under the weather but will check in soon. 

As for her day in court, there were some twists and turns and she has to come up with some backup documentation for additional proof. We discussed it and I think she is all set and has what she needs.  So, the saga is continuing as she was not able to get an immediate response.  I'm sure she'll log on soon to update the PBW crew!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Obita

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 08:01:16 am »
Good grief!!  Thank you Phyl.  Fingers are crossed.

Get this, speaking of SSD.  My friend that is dying of Hodgkins could not apply for SSD until he quit work.  He did quit the first of the year, had the phone interview etc....they told him 2 to 3 months before they would make a decision.  Well, he found out in 2 that he is approved.  His first check will be here about July 1 as there is a 5 month waiting period.  Even with his Doctor telling them that he will be dead by 5/1 or so, NO EXCEPTIONS granted.   Yes, my Irish is up.

Good luck Captain.  It is your money and you deserve it.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04

Evan

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 09:25:50 am »
Deb:

Having some experience with the SSA, and disability, all I can say is that unfortunately, it often depends on the Administrative Law Judge and what he has seen, how he is feeling on that particular day.  I have seen double amputees denied permanent disability, and I have seen individuals with much much less obtain it.  However, it is important to remember that often, even after an Ad Min Law Judge makes his decision (even if it is adverse for you), you usually have a much better chance of obtaining it in the appeal process.  While this is a pain, and simply delays things that much more, in the Appeal Process of any potential denial of SSD, you usually get a Much more objective and fair decision.

Good Luck.

Evan
1.5 cm x 1 cm x .5 cm/Diagnosed March 8/AN Right Side as per MRI/Upon further review, docs do not know what it is.  Could be Facial neuroma/could be nothing.  Repeat MRI in 6 weeks.