Author Topic: Getting ready for retrosigmoid  (Read 22166 times)

lori67

Re: Getting ready for retrosigmoid
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2008, 10:13:07 am »
Thinking good thoughts for you C!  Good luck and we can't wait to hear from you when you're home!!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

cabram

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2008, 05:52:45 am »
OK, I'm back !!! Suregery was Wed, I was in ICU f till friday, home on SAT. surgery took 7 hours, once they had me on the table it was found my tumor was FACIAL not ACOISTIC. Dr was ablle to gelt all of it out and I'm having no facial or hearing issues!!! I haven't slept well since sugrery but I think alot of that is thecontinued checking up in ICU.  I'll post a little bit more later today but It's over !!!!!!

C

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2008, 07:27:41 am »
C,

Congrats and wishes for a speedy recovery! Sounds like things have gone well for you and onward and upward to wellness!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Esperanza

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2008, 01:11:38 pm »
Just wanted to add my best wishes for a very safe and speedy recovery.   ;D

x
Profoundly deaf suddenly on AN side with vertigo January 3rd 2008.
12mm left side AN diagnosed 20th Jan. 2008.  MRI  in July shows no growth. What do I do now?????

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2008, 01:57:42 pm »
Cab -

thanks for "checking in".  Just last night I was wondering how your surgery went - I figured it was about time for you to feel well enough to update us.

Glad things went well,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

jtd71465

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2008, 05:34:58 pm »
Glad all is well.

Joe-
Right side AN removed 1/10/07 @ NYU Medical Center
Dr's Roland and Golfinos

Glenda

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2008, 06:54:37 pm »
Hi Cab,
I had been checking every day to see if there was any update on you.  I am so glad it is all over and that you are doing so well! 
Kisses to your forehead as you recuperate :-*

Glenda
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2008, 07:59:51 pm »
Cab,

It is remarkable how we all keep our AN buddies on our radar screen.  It is good to hear that you are home and doing well. As the expression goes, you are a now an official "postie".
All the best,
Kate   
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Static

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 08:47:01 pm »
Cab,
So glad things are going well for you  :)  Thanks for letting us know you were out of the hospital.  Take it easy and hibernate a few weeks.  Write more when you can.
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

lori67

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 10:14:49 am »
C,

Glad you're home and recovering now!  And we all know, the hospital is the last place to go if you want to sleep!  It's noisy in there even when you're deaf in one ear!!

Hope you're feeling well!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

OMG16

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2008, 01:05:06 pm »
There is no place like home.  Take care of yourself and listen to what your body tells you need.  Kisses to your forehead  :-*  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2008, 11:57:51 pm »
C,

Glad you're home and recovering now!  And we all know, the hospital is the last place to go if you want to sleep! Lori

Ain't it the truth?  ICU is the worst place for trying to get some sleep.  Seems like every time I dozed off, someone would wake me up to take my vitals or ask me how I was feeling.  One day though I did find out what a gem of a doctor I had.  He stopped in to check on me and found that I was asleep, so instead of waking me up, he actually came back to see me a few hours later when I woke up.  Doctors like that can be hard to find; I think he's a keeper  ;D

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cabram

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2008, 05:17:08 am »
Well it's one week today after surgey, sleeping is still a a challange, i think the meds have alot to do with that.  My head still feels as if I have the big badadge on even thought I don't. I'm hoping this will  start to go away after my 10 day followup on Monday and I come off the roids.  Other than that day by day. i do have the the strangest dreams?????

Static

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2008, 07:02:52 am »
Cab, I had a tough time finding a comfortable position to sleep in too.  Because I had always slept on my right side and the surgery was on the right, I was screwed.  I had to learn to sleep on the left, so I tried propping up pillows, etc.  Honestly, I slept best in a recliner leaning towards the left with a pillow sort of to my side that I kind of held and leaned in to, if you can picture that one!  Anyway, the steroids don't really make it very easy either but when I was in the hospital and couldn't sleep because of the meds, they gave me benadryl and it helped, so maybe you might want to try something like that as long as it's okay with your doctor.  I always have strange dreams, welcome to the club  :D j/k.  I don't know if that's just because your mind may be wandering because you've been through so much or you are just having crazy dreams! Things happen, who knows  ;)  So glad you are doing well.  Keep up the good work  :)
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

lori67

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2008, 10:40:10 am »
I think strategic placement of the pillows is the key!  i think I had a million of them in the bed for a while!  And I slept much better once the steroids were done.

When I was still in the hospital, they were checking my blood sugar every 30 minutes - night and day.  Finally, one of the night nurses came in and asked how i was doing - I told her I'd probably be much better if I got to sleep for more than 15 minutes at a time.  She promised to not bother me for the rest of the night and to just call her if I needed anything.  It was heaven!  And I've learned that if you're waiting for the doctor to come in - just doze off - that's when they always seem to show up.

C- hopefully you'll be having sweet dreams very soon!

Lori