Author Topic: This just keeps getting better  (Read 3742 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: This just keeps getting better
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 06:47:23 am »
Hi andrea and belated "welcome".... my bad for not chiming in sooner... I try to keep up with everyone here as best as I can.

Ah, the "crap" factor.... I was misdiagnosed on the first MRI... then, the final MRI that found/noted my AN and Chiari 1... I had the written report in my hands when my PCP was on the phone with me and told me that "Your MRI is normal"... meanwhile, I'm looking at it in black and white while I'm talking to him that I have an AN and Chiari 1.  Go figure........

Sounds like you are doing everything right... you are researching, getting multiple professional opinions.... and learning from the gang here.  So, there really isn't much for me to add at this point but to join in on the "group huggle" and lend my support and shoulder and good ear (and bad one as well) as best as I can as you go through the wait.

Good to have you here... hang tough.... we're here for you (as you can well see!)

Again, welcome!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 09:45:22 am »
Andrea-

As another in the league of "facially challenged", I am sending you lots of good thoughts.  And, I will say that, as devastated as I was to learn that my face was paralyzed after surgery, I got used to it.  And, it slowly improves a millimeter at a time.  I will also say that there isn't any really good way to prepare for it, other than knowing that it is a possible outcome.  No matter what happens - or doesn't! - you have lots of support here, so don't hesitate to vent, rant, cry, celebrate, whatever.

Debbi, sending you my best pirate smile
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

andrea in slc

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 07:59:01 pm »
Thanks again, all of you. I appreciate the understanding! Heck, if anyone DOES understand, it's you guys, and I am so lucky (thanks to my DH!) to have found this place.

I appreciate all the good thoughts, prayers, huggles, and pirate smiles.  ;D  May I be able to handle whatever the outcome is with half the grace and optimism you all have!

Andrea

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 08:34:17 pm »
May I be able to handle whatever the outcome is with half the grace and optimism you all have!

I have nothing but the utmost confidence that you will  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways