Author Topic: New York Area ANers  (Read 8659 times)

Dawn

Re: New York Area ANers
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 11:16:20 am »
Hi Happy New Year Everyone!!

I think its great that you are meeting for lunch and thank you Catherine (Jerseygirl2) for the invite but unfortunately I will have to take my son to Hockey Game and then have a Birthday party that day so I will not be able to make it.

Sounds like fun and maybe I can make another in the future.  Have a great time!!

thanks
Dawn
Diagnosed 12/08...4mm Left AN in IAC...Wait and Watch for now...Next MRI scheduled for 8/09 Doctors not sure if its AN, Lipoma or Hemangioma????

Also diagnosed with Chiari I Malformation - looking into options for that

Nance

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 02:58:51 pm »
Hi fellow NY area AN'ers
I'm so glad that Debbie got in touch with me to let me know about your lunch date.  I'm really glad to be able to come and meet more of you.  Joe, if you are reading this, lunch is on me- it's a promise I made to you the first time we talked and I haven't forgotten - and it's especially delightful to me now that I know it's your two year anniversary. 
I haven't been much of a poster but I read from the sire relentlessly - I had many unusual symptoms before surgery and with my history of cancer, I decided not to make newbie readers on this site more scared of possible outcomes, like I was. 
In actuality, my surgery went very well and the best news was that it was only an acoustic neuroma.  I'm 7 months out of surgery, still healing from some facial weakness, and waiting for my BAHA this month, after having had the abutment put in 2 months ago.  I'll be bringing my smiling (more than half these days) face to see you all on Saturday!
Nancy-diagnosed Jan. 2008
1.2 cm left side AN
Translab June 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Left ear, Left side facial weakness, BAHA Feb. 2009

jtd71465

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 05:13:54 pm »
Does that lunch offer include the drinks?

See you on Saturday.

Joe-

Right side AN removed 1/10/07 @ NYU Medical Center
Dr's Roland and Golfinos

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 09:41:43 pm »
I'm really looking forward to next Saturday's lunch; many thanks to Debbi and Wendy for making the arrangements! We'll have a couple of additional milestones to commemorate besides the ones Debbi mentioned previously -- Eve (the number one Jersey Girl!) and her outstanding MRI results (posted on another thread) and the one-year-and-a-day anniversary of my own AN surgery/BAHA implant. It will be fun to put names and faces together. Wendy, best wishes on your BAHA surgery tomorrow!

Catherine (JerseyGirl2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

Kaybo

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 10:13:30 pm »
Can't wait to see the pics!!  Wish I was there!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 02:22:10 am »
Hi Everyone,
Just checking in to see what was new on this thread!  This luncheon is shaping up to be a lot of fun!!!  I'm so glad so many people are coming.  Thanks to Debbi, who really did all of the work.

Catherine - Thanks for  your good wishes.  I'm really looking foward to seeing everyone too!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Nance

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 08:42:54 pm »
Joe- Yes, drinks included-I'll definitely buy you a drink- a two year anniversary is awesome and if I have it right, you already have a promise of drink one- third one is back to me if you can handle it!

PS- I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and raising my glass to celebrate important milestones in your lives, Joe, Eve, Catherine, Wendy, - wow, it seems like this is a group where good things are happening-hope they have a back room, I'm wondering if this is a roudy group!  And thanks Debbi, for getting in touch with me.

Nancy-diagnosed Jan. 2008
1.2 cm left side AN
Translab June 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Left ear, Left side facial weakness, BAHA Feb. 2009

marymomof3

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 09:24:46 pm »
Hi all.  It's been a little while...
I would love to join you all on Saturday, but it's my 10 year anniversary and my husband and I are planning to go away.  Hopefully there's a next time - because I'll definitely be there.
Have a drink for me

... and Joe, congrats on the 2 year anniversary!

Mary
Diagnosed Jan 21, 2008 w/1.8CM AN on left side.  Had is removed on March 19th at NYU.  And I am super grateful for such wonderful doctors!!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 03:22:04 pm »
Okay NY/NJ ANers - we are ALL SYSTEMS GO for tomorrow!  Willie and I will get there a little early (hopefully) and make sure they are ready for us.  I sent everyone a PM with my cell phone number - PLEASE send me a PM tonight if you didn't get it!

We are expecting 5-8 inches of the dreaded white stuff tomorrow afternoon/night in my little part of Heavenly NJ, so Willie and I may have to leave a little early, just depending on weather conditions.  We have to look out for his parents, who live about 30 minutes north of us.  However, one way or another, I am going to be there - and can't WAIT to see everyone!!  I'll be the one with SSD!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Debbi, making myself giggle
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 03:24:48 pm »
Have a fabulous time tomorrow! Take pictures and for &()&)*(^&*( sakes, be careful with the weather! You all are blowing it our way (Bawsten) and no more white stuff, ok?

Geesh... I start the ANA Discussion forum brunches a few yrs ago and look at you all... taking off like hawt cakes, eh? Good for you all that take time to organize and attend these events! Kudos! I still want piccies!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Debbi

• Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 04:17:47 pm »
Phyl, I'll try to blow the storm out to sea - no guarantees though since I still can't pucker my lips worth a da**!

Debbi
2.4 cm Right Side AN

wendysig

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 05:45:06 pm »
Hi Debbi -
I was going to call you later to see if things still looked good for tomorrow.  We are supposed to  get 1 - 3 inches of snow the last I heard.  Nothing compared to you.  Rob and I will be there!! ;D ;D ;D

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

wendysig

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2009, 02:56:14 pm »
Hi everyone!

Today's luncheon was great but apparently, everyone except Debbi forgot to bring a camera.  She will hopefully be posting the couple of pictures Willie took soon.  It was great to see Debi, Eve and Joe again and great to meet Debbi's husband, Willie,  Nance, Catherine, Mikckey and his wife Pat who as it turned out I already knew (it really is a small world) and Neal!  I really love being able to put faces to names.  Brendan's was really nice and the food was good.  They were also nice enough to turn the music down since Debbi told them most of us had a hearing problem  We had quite a few things to toast -- Debbi's upcoming birthday at the end of the month and her wonderful  smile -- Debbi you really look great  ;D, Neal's birthday next week and his upcoming surgery on January 27th -- good luck Neal I know you will be in great hands,  Nance about to receive her BAHA processor, Eve's clean MRI, Joe's 2 year ANniversary and me haiving my BAHA surgery behind me.  Unfortunately, Wayne was unable to join us because he had to work -- I hope he'll make it the next time along with Ed (I hope your GK experience wasn't too bad),, Mary and Dawn who were also not able to come.  I know I can say that a good time was had by all!

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 03:01:36 pm »
Wendy -

this sounds like SO much fun!!!  I wish I lived in the NY area!

Am anxiously awaiting the pictures.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2009, 03:21:25 pm »
I'm here - and I've got a picture!!  As Wendy already reported, we met at Brendans (perfect spot for us, and centrally located) and we had a wonderful time!  It was great to see everyone again - and to meet Neal and Rob for the first time.  Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, too, and had to take a picture with my Blackberry, which came out a little blurry. Never the less, here we are!

Starting at the left: me, JerseyGirl (Eve), Mickey (Mike I), Rob (Mr. Wendy), Joe (JTD), Neal, Pat (Mrs. Mike), Wendy, JerseyGirl2 (Catherine) and Nance.  Willie said we were all swaying and that is why the picture is blurry!   ;D

As Wendy noted, Wayne was called into work at the last minute and wasn't able to make it, but he sent his hellos and deep thanks to everyone for their support and friendship - we'll see you next time, Wayne.

Sorry that the picture is blurry, but I can think you can see that we are all smiling - even Neal, who is only a few weeks away from surgery!  And, Catherine, happy One Year Anniversary!! (It was a hear ago yesterday...)

Let's plan to do this again in the spring, okay?  I'm thinking sometime in April ...  Next time, hopefully Mary and Dawn and Wayne can be with us, and whoever else wants to join in, from near or far.  I must take this moment to tell you guys how much you all mean to me!  And thanks to the ANA for providing this forum that allowed all of us to meet.

Debbi, watching the snow fall in NJ
2.4 cm Right Side AN