Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 804975 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #1740 on: January 30, 2007, 03:42:41 pm »
Them lil scallys had a blast on the plank!!!!!!

They's lots o' pic on me Frappr site! Just click on the link in me sig line.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Chris

« Reply #1741 on: January 31, 2007, 03:02:57 am »
Nice photos Capt Deb and nice looking house
2.5cm AN diagnosed late 2005 and treated with fractionated stereotactic radiation in Sydney Australia Oct 2005

Peanut

« Reply #1742 on: February 05, 2007, 10:21:49 pm »
Enjoyed the pics, Capt,  thanks.  Hadn't been on this site for an age, it seems. Now, using Firefox, which I downloaded at long last, I can actually see the print as I type!  Thanks ter you, fearless Captain.
Peanut
3.5 cm AN total resection via suboccipital  April 2003 Barker & McKenna, MGH Boston one week, two weeks Spaulding Rehab
silicone punctal plugs in lower puncta for dry eye,
persistent post op head pain
Acupuncture, craniosacral treatments, Tramadol   200  reduced to 150, now 100mg. daily Feb 2007

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #1743 on: February 07, 2007, 03:08:14 pm »
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR to alla ye Wenches and Scallys!  Well, yer dear Capatin here be settin' sail fer the Land of Floridiots on Monday. The Village of the Port of Sarasota is where I'll be dockin'. Too bad Miss Batty be on the other side of the state!  I ain't walkin' through no alligator and mosquito infested swamp fer the likes o' that wench anyway!! Maybe I can convince her to sail to Busch Gardens and ride some coasters wiv me!!! Have no fear, the Imitrex is here!!!!

Any o' you scallies live on the Westerly coast of the Land of Floridians? We could meet up and have us some fun pillagin'!

Love and hugs to the PBW crew!

Capt Deb 8)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #1744 on: February 07, 2007, 03:12:19 pm »
My dear cousin (with meningioma) has been constantly inviting me down to Sarasota/Tampa/St. Pete where she lives... do I need to book a flight for next week, dear Captn?  We can peruse the beach for additional scallywags since... um...... they are cute? ;)

Your cursed, cruise director,
What's-her-name?

(dang, short term memory loss!)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1745 on: February 07, 2007, 10:38:22 pm »
Rollie Coasters.... how fun!  2 weeks before I wa diagnosed, I met up wiv an old wench friend in So Cal and we rode rollie coasters all day, just the two of us old wenches, left the kiddies at home. Man di we have a blast.  Anything that can make me laugh like that is well worth it.  SInce AN, not sure if I could handle them rollies at Six Flags Magic Mtn where we wuz. But I did ride space mtn at Disneyland last spring. I did Ok on the ride, it was after, I had a hrd time walking for a bit.  wwwwwwweeeeeee  what fun

Have a good one Cap'n Deb

Patti yootee
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Chris

« Reply #1746 on: February 08, 2007, 03:34:06 am »
Floridiots, Port of Sarasota, Busch Gardens, Imitrex??? What tha? I would like to come along but you are talking another language so where are we headed?
2.5cm AN diagnosed late 2005 and treated with fractionated stereotactic radiation in Sydney Australia Oct 2005

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1747 on: February 08, 2007, 02:27:34 pm »
Hi Chris,

See, we here in the land of the US of A, can talk just as confusin' as you Aussies can! Most especially when it's our beloved Cap't Deb with her Pirate lingo thrown in.  You should read what she posted to me, after the captain hurt her tongue and she lisped all the way through the post. It was hilarious!!

I shall translate, if that be okay, with ya, Cap't Ma'm.

Floridots - the state of Florida

Port of Sarasota - Sarasota is a town in Florida

Busch Gardens - a family vacation spot with carnival rides and such. Click on the link below.
http://www.buschgardens.com/buschgardens_default.aspx

Imitrex - - A prescription drug (via injection...ouch!) our good Captain must take to control the evil Headache Fairy. 

On behalf of all wenches and scallywags everywhere, we wish the Captain a good voyage and lots of fun. Just don't run into any stray tornados....k??

Sue in Vancouver (who wishes she could go to Busch Gardens, but no roller coasters, thank you very much.)

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

bjordanr

« Reply #1748 on: February 08, 2007, 02:35:41 pm »
Howdy...

There are a few of us one-eared, cross-smiling survivors down here in the land of sun and crazy drivers!

I live in the Tampa / Clearwater area.  Always love meeting new people.  Just give a holler!  But I seriously doubt I could hold up for any rides or roller coasters - the balance is bad enough and the brain has been jiggled around too much already!

Brenda

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #1749 on: February 08, 2007, 04:07:35 pm »
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRR another wicked one-eared wench!

Additional translation:
Floridiot--Folks from Florida who have blue hair or no hair and drive up here to the mountains in late-model-no-turn-signal-equipped-Cadillacs (Caddies) at 20 MPH max speed.

Well, Miss Brenda-wench, I shall message ye when I dock me ship at the Port of Sarasota, then!!!

TTFN

Capt Deb 8)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 04:09:08 pm by Captain Deb »

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1750 on: February 08, 2007, 07:08:02 pm »
Oh...FlorIDIOT!.   Sorry, Capt.  I misread it.   LOL

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #1751 on: February 09, 2007, 07:58:53 am »
  I'm feeling a burst of energy today.  I had the (&^%# thing cut out a year ago.  As Grogmeister, I say Champagne for all.  Dancing optional.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

matti

« Reply #1752 on: February 09, 2007, 10:57:57 am »
Happy ANniversary   Let the Champagne flow.....doing the happy dance for you!!!!

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Chris

« Reply #1753 on: February 10, 2007, 04:21:42 am »
Thanks for the translations. I'll get there eventually.  ;D

Chris

« Reply #1754 on: February 14, 2007, 04:41:58 am »
Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I won't be coming onto this or the other site for a while. I am trying a new strategy to deal with not thinking about my health concerns. I love talking to you all as it often makes me laugh a lot but I am wondering if it also encourages the deep (or not so deep) recesses of my mind to think about stuff I don't want to think about. Anyway, please feel free to send me an email offline whenever you feel like it even if it is just to say hi, you want to fly me over to America to meet you, shower me with gifts etc  ;D. Just wanted to let you know my decision is totally about me. I didn't want you to think I have decided to snub you. Thanks for all your support and encouragement over the time.
Regards and big hugs.
Chris